Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peo

Is this my true self?

10 posts in this topic

I have been doing a lot of self inqiry lately and just detaching from my experience. I notice that all of my experience is changing and that is not me, but i'm also aware that i'm still pressent there even if the experience is changing.  This I is not really there, but im aware of it. This I is just completely formless, empty. Am i just bullshiting my self here or am i onto to something here. What if this is just a feeling that the true self is aware of. I dosent really feel like feeling tho because it is not a normal feeling it is not really there either. It is really hard to explain. 

If anyone have gone pretty far on this path to enlightenment, can someone tell me if im just deluded here and i'm just bullshiting here and i need to keep looking

I would say to trust your intuition and what your body is trying to tell you. Your direct experience is the most powerful teacher you have.

To me, it sounds like a legit glimpse into something profound 

@Peo You can't just put your finger on it right? It seems this thing is just itless? What does that mean? Let go of every single thing that you believe you are.

It's like you find something, but by it's nature it's a thing so keep stripping until perceptions become independent of you. 

You're nearly there. :)

@Peo

You aren't bullshitting yourself. You are onto something and that is getting yo ass Woke!

Keep up this self inquiry until all tendency to stick yourself with phenomena ceases once and for all.

Good luck.

EDIT: BTW don't take that ''formless presence" as your true self. This is super important. Because if you do, you'all end up creating a shit ton of beliefs and imaginations about that so called "true self" and thus you'll nest in that intermidiate station for the rest of your life. This will kill the genuine attitude you have now towards inquiry and thus make you stop looking and start spinning spiritual beliefs instead.

Keep up the inquiry. That "formless presence" is NOT your true self. But it is the ONLY gateway to your true self. This is what Ramana Maharshi called the I-thought. 

Stay at that doorway like an attentive hawk. 'You' and the ''whole universe" will be instantaneously sucked into that gateway once and for all when the time is right and all this will be crystal clear.

Good luck once again 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom have you read 'ulladhu naarpadhu'  40 versus on reality by Maharishi ? Can you pls explain the 28th verse ?

2 hours ago, Jkris said:

have you read 'ulladhu naarpadhu

I have not read it, but i wil definitely check it out

7 hours ago, Anton_Pierre said:

You can't just put your finger on it right? It seems this thing is just itless? What does that mean? Let go of every single thing that you believe you are.

Exactly i can't put my finger on it and yes it seems tiless. Im sorry, but i don't know what it mean and what it is.

38 minutes ago, Peo said:

Exactly i can't put my finger on it and yes it seems tiless. Im sorry, but i don't know what it mean and what it is.

start bringing that presence more and more into your focus. Highlight that more and more than other thoughts and phenomena 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 hours ago, Jkris said:

@Preetom have you read 'ulladhu naarpadhu'  40 versus on reality by Maharishi ? Can you pls explain the 28th verse ?

Verse 28: "Like sinking to find something that has fallen in water, sinking within by a keenly focused mind it is necessary to know Oneself, the source where the ego rises."

This verse basically means self inquiry needs to go deeper than the surface level thoughts and tendencies.

Only after going beneath the turbulent currents of habitual thought patterns, self inquiry ceases to be an intellectual thing, and starts to become something very visceral, silent and powerful.

This verse also points out that a concentrated mind helps a lot. 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''