Jkris

How to stop the thoughts and be still

46 posts in this topic

@Jkris it's too easy to understand. the easiest (and, of course, paradoxical) way is by giving up.

unborn Truth

22 hours ago, Jkris said:

The thoughts keeps on comming and not stopping at all. It is highly irritating some times. 

So what's the best technique to stop the thoughts or still the mind. 

I do something that I can't quite explain but works, It's like trying to press your brain on the region of the forehead, imagine that you try to concentrate in something, you will feel a pressure on your forehead, eventually you can put pressure in this region by will, and when you do this the thoughts stop, at least it works with me

@Jkris There are too many good ones:

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

14 hours ago, Jkris said:

no mind state is the gateway starting point of spirituality.

@Jkris Spirituality is a mind state . Start with your experience , investigate it , contemplate . Your experience is all you have . See that spirituality IS mind and your path will be much easier .