Mu_

Some of you should listen to this female teacher....

51 posts in this topic

If you haven't I think a lot of you guys on here and what your seeking is strongly communicated in her presence and words. Enlightenment is a multidimensional expression and she definitely embodies an aspect that I think a lot of you guys and gals are wondering about and looking for.  She's also female which is rarer in this realm of awakened teachers which offers an interesting component.    

Edited by Mu_

@Mu_ Thank you. I haven't seen her before. She seems mature and grounded (with understanding/emobodiment of groundless). To me, she isn't overly-intellectual or frothy emotional. A nice balance and very direct.

A similar teacher in this "dimension" is Amoda Maa

"If that who teaches you stillness is anxious, run"

I liked that, maybe cause it affirmed what I already believe in.  Yeah definitely cause I like hearing people say what I think but nonetheless, I appreciated her saying that 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

definitely some good points to take away for all of us, a must watch video for everyone seeking imo, 

@Mu_ i am currently in a process of refinement, any advice? 

51 minutes ago, Aakash said:

definitely some good points to take away for all of us, a must watch video for everyone seeking imo, 

@Mu_ i am currently in a process of refinement, any advice? 

Sure, can elaborate as much as you can on what you mean. It would help. 

Wow thank you. Not even finished it yet and this has helped me understand some of the confusion I’ve been creating for myself ❤️

@Mu_ she talks about refining the self, even though we are just the witness, the self should be refined and purified, i.e no desires to be rich, famous etc. but we are only a witness to the story. so how does refining happen

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

@Mu_ she talks about refining the self, even though we are just the witness, the self should be refined and purified, i.e no desires to be rich, famous etc. but we are only a witness to the story. so how does refining happen

First you need to let go of the fixed rule you have that we are just witness with no capacity to choose. Now I’m not saying now believe that we choose and are not witnessing.  Really don’t know. 

Edited by Mu_

@Mu_ but i mean we are only aware, the true self is all powerful so there is no capacity for an individual self to choose. 

so i really don't know whats going to happen, whatever the story i am only a witness to it. 

Self realisation happens at a conscious level when one awakens in a stable fashion. The subconscious has deep rooted issues and a ton of karma remains.

Lifetimes according to some modern teacher and older traditions like Theravada Buddhism.

In short a cognitive dissonance arises. Denied by non dual teachers, and often addressed but for true growth. The subconscious needs to be purified.

You are awakening for example it seems but no amount of seeing the self will rid you of your shortcomings, cravings in an of itself. 

2 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

no amount of seeing the self will rid you of your shortcomings, cravings in an of itself. 

but does it matter to one, when they have completely let go of their identification? in the end consciousness being conscious of itself is all there is? 

21 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Mu_ but i mean we are only aware, the true self is all powerful so there is no capacity for an individual self to choose. 

so i really don't know whats going to happen, whatever the story i am only a witness to it. 

Again let go of this idea. Your holding onto something that is a belief. 

14 minutes ago, Aakash said:

but does it matter to one, when they have completely let go of their identification? in the end consciousness being conscious of itself is all there is? 

Again this isn’t a math test in which having the right answer will give you a good grade and you can then say you know this equation and pat yourself on the back about and show others.  

The refinement your looking for will slowly happen if you drop this labeling and knowing where you are in relation these ideas. 

You may feel like your dicks out in the wind and people are driving by pointing for a while but just keep it out there and don’t know who you are or react to those around you. Sure smile and be kind but leave having to prove behind. 

@Aakash I explained it. Your conscious understanding needs to sink into the subconscious and a ton of stuff remains there. Hence why Alan Watts can be an alcoholic, maharaj an angry smoker and so on.

@Arhattobe yeah it makes sense, there feels like there's no need to improve yourself further, and even if you try to.. its only the character life that is improving, so i can see why alan watts decided to be an alcoholic 

why do you add so much importance to cleaning out the subconscious ,

i do find however that you can also find that you can always becoming more loving, more like your true self everyday but yeah

@Mu_ sorry i didn't understand what you mean, your going to have to rephrase it

@Aakash Because delusion doesn’t end at non duality. Your subconscious issues make you deluded. Even if you see beyond the character as you put it. You might just then say well I am not delusional. Delusion just arises. Yes, but it would be better if it didn’t.

You might at this point say the self has no preferences. In a simplistic way you’ll be right. If you don’t allow room for nuances. Gray areas, and split things into black and white, but in reality that’s not true. Do you think your favourite teachers would prefer torture over cake? No. Why? They don’t identify anymore, because simplistic non dual thinking is just that. Simplistic. Immature. Lacking. 

@Arhattobe i see your point of view, you certainly have a point, 

5 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

because simplistic non dual thinking is just that. Simplistic. Immature. Lacking. 

how do you go about purging your subconscious if you are not doing it by ego identification? and when even to become desireless is a desire itself

@Aakash happens by itself, but if you practice self deceit the process will not happen or unfold as it should.