Preetom

An Insight into the Power of Non-Verbal Knowledge aka Pure Observation

7 posts in this topic

Leo has mentioned several times about the power of pure observation without thoughts and rationalization in his recent videos. Like how you'll actually learn about ants if you just observe them for 100 hours. You might end up learning more about ants that way than reading 5 books about ants. But our culture is so wrapped up in the conceptual, rational knowledge and anything other than that is regarded as stupidity, not worth looking into and waste of time.

What is the basis of this marvelous power of observation? To find out, we have to look at new born babies. 

Most of what we learn after the age of 4-5 of years is verbal, conceptual knowledge. That includes school, college and all the family and societal indoctrination.

But have you wondered how come a baby learns about language and other stuff before age of 5?

Through pure, thoughtless observation!

It could be said that a human learns the most in it's entire lifetime before it turns 5. A baby comes with zero knowledge, yet it learns in the most profound way WITHOUT any thought, belief and concept. That becomes the ground for the rest of knowledge over it's lifetime.

That is the power of pure observation. It is literally the power of God/Grace. It results in non-verbal being-knowledge that transcends conceptual knowledge. Yes it may take a lot of time and due to our habitual cultural tendencies this power is greatly ignored. No one really thinks about it. I think this has potential for groundbreaking researches.

And when that power of pure observation is placed on itself, it results in Enlightenment aka the pinnacle and transcendence of knowledge.

Hope this line of thinking motivates you and makes you give a chance to this gold mine that is waiting to be tapped!

Because in the end, this observation power is really ours while conceptual knowledge is something which is a learnt behavior and secondary to us.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

19 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Leo has mentioned several times about the power of pure observation without thoughts and rationalization in his recent videos. Like how you'll actually learn about ants if you just observe them 100 hours. You might end up learning more about ants that way than reading 5 books about ants. But our culture is so wrapped up in the conceptual, rational knowledge and anything other than that is regarded as stupidity, not worth looking into and waste of time.

What is the basis of this marvelous power of observation? To find out, we have to look at new born babies. 

Most of what we learn after the age of 4-5 of years is verbal, conceptual knowledge. That includes school, college and all the family and societal indoctrination.

But have you wondered how come a baby learns about language and other stuff before age of 5?

Through pure, thoughtless observation!

It could be said that a human learns the most in it's entire lifetime before it turns 5. A baby comes with zero knowledge, yet it learns in the most profound way WITHOUT any thought, belief and concept. That becomes the ground for the rest of knowledge over it's lifetime.

That is the power of pure observation. It is literally the power of God/Grace. It results in non-verbal being-knowledge that transcends conceptual knowledge. Yes it may take a lot of time and due to our habitual cultural tendencies this power is greatly ignored. No one really thinks about it. I think this has potential for groundbreaking researches.

And when that power of pure observation is placed on itself, it results in Enlightenment aka the pinnacle and transcendence of knowledge.

Hope this line of thinking motivates you and makes you give a chance to this gold mine that is waiting to be tapped!

Because in the end, this observation power is really ours while conceptual knowledge is something which is a learnt behavior and secondary to us.

Indeed ?

8 minutes ago, tedens said:

I'm doing my best.

good luck. Reclaim what's been always yours

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, Jack River said:

@Preetom an observation free of the limitation of the past...direct as can be:)

indeed

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''