Jkris

Cure for earworms

6 posts in this topic

Hello friends not sure if this is a relevant topic to be posted in spirituality. 

I am suffering from earworms. A peace of song music getting repeatedly voicing in head. I don't hear music. But in outdoors when happen to hear a song it keeps irritatingly repeating in the head. 

Please suggest a permanent remedy or cure for this disease. 

Thank you. 

I'm experiencing this as well. For me it's fragments of songs that my drum teacher made me study 10 years ago.

So I'd be interested if anyone has an idea of what to do about it

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I thought that was just life. Listen to different music. Switch up the songs in your mind.

I can definitely turn this topic into a spiritual one. :)

The way songs get stuck in your head is an awesome illustration of the way thoughts get stuck in our head. Unlike beliefs songs are harmless because they don't turn into false or limiting beliefs. You have to be intensely present like you do during meditation. Focus on your breath or a low hum in the room. If there are thoughts or a song running through that's an indicator that your focus isn't intense enough. So look at this as a gift and use it to remind yourself to do a mini meditation practice. 

As for a bigger solution I'd say, make effort to find and listen to music that really lights you up or that you really enjoy listening to. It may be a way of your inner being saying that you need more music in your life but you need to be intentional about the music you want to listen to. Getting random bits of songs stuck in your head is an example of letting life happen to you and resisting it. So if you seek out the music you really want to hear you'll be a lot less receptive to the music you DON'T want to hear. Apply the same principal to all areas in life.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

If there are thoughts or a song running through that's an indicator that your focus isn't intense enough. So look at this as a gift and use it to remind yourself to do a mini meditation practice. 

I love that!! Very insightful.

Will try the same with my tinnitus.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I once heard a song gets stuck in your head if the mind wants to know the whole song but can't remember the whole thing. So at one part there should be a break where you can't remember the lyrics or a guitar riff or whatsoever.. can you relate? Check for yourself, and if so, you could listen to the song a couple times till you know the whole thing..

But i would go with @mandyjw suggestion, beeing as present as possible, it's a great reminder to be more attentive if you hear a broken record in your mind. I have practiced this one for myself and it worked, so good luck