Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FoxFoxFox

Fear (question)

32 posts in this topic

Please share your understanding of fear. It can be anything. Any discipline, any thought etc. I just want to hear perspectives.

Thanks.

All fear is based on illusion. That is what I can say to you and you should become aware of it if you haven't already. 

@Highest I know all about that notion. "All fear is illusion. Abandon all fear to God." It's easy to say from a distance. I don't actually think that notion is correct. All fear is not illusion. Whatever you experience is reality at the moment you experience it. With luck, I will tranced fear, but I don't think it'll go away if you don't merge with it... show it proper respect... let it take over you and work itself out. Then you will enter a reality where fear is an illusion. Which one of those perspectives real? Both probably. I need practical advice with fear management. 

@FoxFoxFox Find the source of fear, it comes from the illusory ego. That's all I am saying. But to get rid of all fear is of course different and not easy. 

@Highest How to know that fear comes from ego? What can prove that to me at that moment? 

2 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Highest How to know that fear comes from ego? What can prove that to me at that moment. 

How? Sorry I cannot explain that because I became conscious of that and that cannot be explained, especially not with language which is duality. 

What can prove it to you? The answer is above. Become conscious of it. 

Fear is a compas. A navigation system. A guiding mechanisms.

Get close to a boundary; fear will let you know. 

As soon as it's message is recognized; fear has completed it's job and is no longer present in your direct experience.

Resist fear and fear will persist.

It will grow bigger, and do anything really to make you face it, accept it.

Fear is necessary. 

One must use it in alignment. 

@Highest No need to apologize. I also don't think i'm explaining the issue properly. The answer is more and more surrender, probably. Thanks for the info.

@ivankiss This is very good advice. Hard to integrate in my situation. 

@FoxFoxFox mind to describe your situation a bit? 

I deal with fear on daily basis xD

Why do you fear fear?

@ivankiss I don't fear fear. At the moment i realize that i display aversion to fear, but that is not the crux of the problem. The question is how to properly merge with fear, or how to allow fear to manifest itself properly and get done with itself. Ideally, without hurting my body or people around me. Recently i've had a heart awakening and its (potentially) giving me extrasensory perceptions. I don't care if you call them visions into new dimensions or hallucinations, but the fact is that at the time they occur they are very scary, considering that there is also some kriya involved. So that's what i'm really after: How to allow fear to unfold itself, or more accurately how to surrender to fear.

@FoxFoxFox This is not a mountain, we can do it now. You’d need to give an example of what you’re afraid of. A hypothetical example won’t work though, because the information / context (words) won’t “do it”...the understanding is “it“. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm An example of what I'm afraid of:

A non-euclidean, meta-morphing "being". They don't really do anything. They don't appear to want to harm me in any way. They are just terrifying. You can have your outlook: they are either inhabitants of the spirit world, or are representations of my buried fears. Either way, how to deal with them?

@FoxFoxFox

So basically fear of the unknown. The unusual. The new. 

That is to be expected during a process of transformation. It's only natural. 

What works for me might not work for you. 

But here's how I "tame" fear;

What is the source of all fear? I am. I create it. Thus it must be necessary. It must be an expression of divinity. It must be a reflection of perfection.

It's just not recognized properly.

What does fear mean? What is it trying to make me aware of? What can fear see while I am blind to it?

Awareness would then expand, enough to recognize the message. Contraction and unease would be no more.

Fear is tightly connected to overcoming limitations. And it can kick in hard, as you approach one of those boundaries.

It lets you know; "You are getting closer to unknown territory, be careful." 

Also;

Get far enough from your heart and fear will signal. That is how you become aware of misaligned beliefs, thoughts and actions.

Surrender the need to control fear. It is not to be controlled. It is to be allowed and transformed.

Fear is also often combined with excitement. Which is a perfect indicator and a confirmation of the above mentioned.

If you're excited about the new, but fear what that might mean for the old/current... Great! That's exactly how it's supposed to be. It's just how this game is.

You merge with fear by loving it. Like everything else.

You must see it's perfection. Recognize it's purpose. Invite it in. Do not push it away.

This too will feel very counterintuitive; no surprise.

Fear is unrecognized love.

(Talking openly and honestly about your fears to those close to you is helpful as well. At times fear only needs to be expressed. Be heard.)

You feel the fear physically in your body, and you let it BE. Welcome it, and let it take over and absorb yourself.

It wont hurt you. It WILL hurt you if you repress it.

When people say "face your fears " really this should be interpreted as "feel your fear." Once you feel it, facing it in the real world becomes a non-issue. Dangerously, it can become an ego game.

So feel it in your body, the sensations. Fear is an unpleasant emotion like shame, so you must have the courage and boldness to allow is to wash over you. This is hard even for me to do still, so credit to you if you can do it.

For further ideas on fear, you can read about Geoff Thompson; a wimpy scared comfort zone man, who eventually decided to knock fear out and became one of UKs best bouncers. He invented an idea you may like called The Fear Pyramid. Its the pinnacle of self help tools.

@Nahm "I" cannot know the absolute truth. The absolute, is. Actually, i should make a correction (sorry!) nonphysical is not correct. Non-euclidean is more accurate. 

@Highest  Seems to be the case.

@ivankiss I know you are saying that "one should abide as God" at all times in face of fear. It wasn't possible to do so. The strength of the fear was so strong that it revived a very weak sense of individuality within me. And it was afraid. To clarify that this is isn't an unknown, per se. It's a non-euclidean "being". 

@JohnnyBravo Yes i understand the concept. I will try to practice it more and more.