kieranperez

Nootropics for ADHD Suggestions?

34 posts in this topic

@kieranperezYes this is common, there is nothing wrong with that its just due to your conditioning you choose to view it in a negative way. ADHD is not a disorder, this is what they want you to believe so you can be controlled and zombified out of your natural abilities and talents.

Eventually you will find your highest passion/excitement jumping from one subject to the next and that is inter-linked with who you are and why you are here on this planet and if you try to suppress that for social norms then you are limiting your true potential and your soul purpose for man-made illusory forms of education which is just a way to suppress you not actually help you find your true purpose.

There are many other alternatives to healing, you just have to listen.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto good god stop. Ease up on the projections and this false wise attitude.

Yeah, there’s some positive aspects of ADHD. I’m not denying that nor have I ever.

When you’re off medication though and you’re driving your car and you get into an accident because something caught your attention and get into some train of thought rather than paying attention to the road and now your car insurance rate goes up even more and now you owe thousands of dollars and you need to fix your car... and then that happens 2 more times in the same year... and you’re forgetting things all the time like you keep getting locked out of your house because you forgot your keys or your supposed to go mail checks but forgot the checks. Or you struggle keeping conversation without pissing people off because you talk so damn much that people grow tired of you and listening and really hearing another person is like an impossible task. Or you have unbearable anxiety and it makes meditation virtually impossibly. Or you have trouble building discipline in things that you don’t want to do like paying your bills on time, or sticking with your project or goal when you’re heads not in it. Or you struggle with media addiction even more than the average person since a person with ADHD’s brain is already low on dopamine production and it’s even harder to stop.

Stop pretending you have it figured out or you know what it’s like and that this is just some issue with limiting beliefs. I couldn’t finish school largely because of this issue. When it comes to practical results, staying on track, paying attention, yeah ADHD can be a fucking nightmare and it feels like you’re fucked because routes of actual root level solutions like neurofeedback cost thousands of dollars. 

I’m not condoning victim thinking but if you think that this is some cake walk, man you’re living in your own bubble. 

Edited by kieranperez

I suggest you do a 7 - 21 day water fast and while doing this also fast from technology or use of any kind, social interactions of any kind and activities of a similar frequency, medication/food of any kind and in the meantime do things like yoga followed by meditation, walks in nature, silence, solitude, stillness, maybe a book or two as long as it does not create too many mental projections as is far more simple yet divine like Tao Te Ching for example.

All the best

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@kieranperez Lion's mane and bacopa moonerie are supposed to help. I don't have ADHD, my teacher who had ADHD once asked me if I had it, because I seemed to be so inattentive. I tried both, in case you forget a lot bacopa can definitely help, it takes a while though before the effects kick in 8-12 weeks, and the baccosid percentage has to be somewhere of 35% to 55%. I read through the studies. As well as I can. Lions mane can work immediately, it was not very effective for me, l-theanine a bit more. Yet, I don't know if it works with dealing with ADHD, Lions mane most likely can't hurt.

Here is also a different perspective of ADD and do-nothing meditation. I did a retreat for 14 days last year in the soto-zen lineage. After that I felt processes were more streamlined and I was not so troubled by monkey mind. I tried the technique also at home, for some time. I had the deepest experiences with this technique so far, even during LSD trips, so it could aid both, a path to enlightenment and dealing with ADD. It is supposed to also be the quick and dirty way to enlightenment. According to this teacher. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNV6Y_JlhoA

I bought a stack of nootropics that seem high quality but are cheap price wise. To deal with inattentiveness, I will write a report when I am done testing them, yet this is mostly for the inattentive type of ADHD, and has caffeine in it. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

@ValiantSalvatore yeah I’ve seen that video. Regular meditation doesn’t really work for me. I’m probably going to go down the route of yoga starting from Hatha to Kriya and other stuff and really getting blood work done. I’m willing to create a holistic change in my system to really fix this.

The problem with every medication I take now (I’m lumping nootropics with mefication to make this easy) is that I adapt to it so quick. I was taking armodafinil with l-theanine and that was the craziest thing ever on effectiveness and after the 2nd day everything pretty much stopped and I adapted to it. I can take 2 armodafinils and it’ll be crazy the first day or so and then the effects subside.

Ive been on medication in general since 2001 and got off in 2018 so I’m a weird long term case of someone who metabolizes and adapts to this stuff very quick now. It becomes baseline.

This is why I’m pretty much done looking at short-term stuff really and I’m looking more for root-level solutions like neurofeedback which I pray works long term as well as short term. 

23 hours ago, DrewNows said:

@kieranperez have you done wim hof method? 

@kieranperezWould you care to share your experience with this sort of meditative yoga practice? (Deep breathing and cold showers) 

@kieranperez Sounds legit. In case you have not tried bacopa you could give it a shot. Potentially it can help since it is not a synthetic component and would not mix as much with the synthetic stuff, it's an adaptogen. So, it also reduced stress and or rather increases stress resistance. Also, effects of adaptogens can overlap which nullifies the effect one specific effect other effects do work. ( lions mane, bacopa, ginseng most likely etc. are adaptogens)

Bacopa definitely can/could help be an aid, and the effects are long term even without bacopa? Not sure if IIRC. Yet, the hold long if you take them for longer then 8-12 weeks. I do not recall the study/paper anymore.

5 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Ive been on medication in general since 2001 and got off in 2018 so I’m a weird long term case of someone who metabolizes and adapts to this stuff very quick now. It becomes baseline.

Yes, I did read that, I know someone who took addreal or how this stuff is written and he is the best person in our courses, even though he played video games in class etc. He often worked at night and he was industrious, I don't know him well though. So, I don't know if it bothers him. Yet, I assume it does not. He is also dyslexic. Still, very intelligent guy. Our crazy performance prof hired him lol. 

5 hours ago, kieranperez said:

This is why I’m pretty much done looking at short-term stuff really and I’m looking more for root-level solutions like neurofeedback which I pray works long term as well as short term. 

Would be very cool if you find an affordable device, I looked into the topic yesterday. I also heard the very good devices are just not affordable. Also, yoga sounds very cool. I would love to get into yoga, but this small town here is just horrendous.  

Does yoga help against add? If yes why?

@kieranperez Is the adaptation not better as when stuff is normal or baseline? Or is it better without any kind of nootropic add. Meditation for 1h definitely helped, I broke my schedule to two times 30 min a day which is somehow not that effective for monkey mind. Did you ever try a do-nothing technique for some time?

I bet this soudn stupid when reading.

4 hours ago, DrewNows said:

@kieranperezWould you care to share your experience with this sort of meditative yoga practice? (Deep breathing and cold showers) 

I never said I do this or don’t do this. Cold showers and deep breathing alone aren’t going to change your entire brain chemistry dude. 

15 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Yes, I did read that, I know someone who took addreal or how this stuff is written and he is the best person in our courses, even though he played video games in class etc. He often worked at night and he was industrious, I don't know him well though. So, I don't know if it bothers him. Yet, I assume it does not. He is also dyslexic. Still, very intelligent guy. Our crazy performance prof hired him lol. 

You have to understand that it works in the beginning. When I say beginning I mean first few months and years. The problem with most studies and why I often tend to find them pretty irrelevant is because their time span for the study itself is so damn short. 

You’ll know if he has ADHD if you notice he’s a lot more centered and actually a lot calmer, centered, is listening and communicating better in conversation, etc. You get the general theme... If he’s wired to work like a fucking machine when he takes Adderall he probably doesn’t actually have it. 

19 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Would be very cool if you find an affordable device, I looked into the topic yesterday. I also heard the very good devices are just not affordable. 

After this summer when I earn some good money I would have no problem making a high investment towards this. It’s totally worth it to me. If neurofeedback works out well, after I move out, I would be happy to pay another $3k for an eeg machine I can hook up to keep it going like Leo does. You gotta he willing to make hefty invesetments and pay high costs not just in your inner growth but in your wallet too if you wish to fix aspects of your life. 

22 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Also, yoga sounds very cool. I would love to get into yoga, but this small town here is just horrendous.  

Does yoga help against add? If yes why?

First off, I can’t say that it can or it can’t. 

I can see certainly how it can but I also see how it can’t. 

As far as how I see it can’t, it’s quite simple... there’s limits to which one can improve... and that’s not something most people are willing to admit. I don’t care what anyone is saying. You’re not going to take a crippled paralyzed Stephen Hawking and have him in that same body run a marathon. Just not going to happen. Lots of people can’t reach the deepest depths of enlightenment for this reason... much less l stabilize themselves in in that.

I think it also can though because if you look at yoga as a system or holistic process you see a lot of practices starting from Hatha yoga with pranayamas, bandhas, asanas and a lot of deep stretching to get a lot of anxiety out of the body, free one from the stress and neuroses that are held in the body (I can’t tell you how deep that is), cleaning out one’s stomach and digestive system and improving circulatory system through different pranayamas, dauti, satkarmas, detoxing oneself of things like heavy metals and other potential toxicities, etc. And that’s just prep for the actual meditative aspect of yoga. Yoga is so deep largely because of how holistic it is. A big part of yoga is the prepping ones system and psyche (they’re related) for the actually meditative part.

16 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

I never said I do this or don’t do this. Cold showers and deep breathing alone aren’t going to change your entire brain chemistry dude. 

I asked if you have done or heard of it. You ignored me so if figured youd expended this meditation technique. 

Just did some research for you and found this video. This technique has been known to cure adhd but i know it won’t if you cling to beliefs that’s say otherwise 

Awareness practices can cure it, your problem is not that much of fact that you like to go from topic to topic, but you lose awareness and go from topic to topic and only then notice that you did it.  

I had this problem too, it will be difficult at beginning, it will frustrate you, but if you spend enough time and don't give up you will see huge results, if you do not believe me it is fine, but if you have no other options then I would suggest to try this for few months, best thing you do not have to mediate to do it, you can do it any time of the day and that is what you should do for best results. 

Edited by purerogue

20 hours ago, kieranperez said:

You’ll know if he has ADHD if you notice he’s a lot more centered and actually a lot calmer, centered, is listening and communicating better in conversation, etc. You get the general theme... If he’s wired to work like a fucking machine when he takes Adderall he probably doesn’t actually have it. 

Inattentive is being distracted easily, missing that people are talking to you, bad memory and inability to recall, so missing keys stuff like this. 
Hyperactive is being unstable, constantly wanting to move, moving one leg up and down constantly, can't sit still, talks fast, and people.

Is that correct? For a general description of ADHD for these two types. I don't know how it affects him, he seemed quite sensitive so I refrained from asking stuff like this. 

After this summer when I earn some good money I would have no problem making a high investment towards this. It’s totally worth it to me. If neurofeedback works out well, after I move out, I would be happy to pay another $3k for an eeg machine I can hook up to keep it going like Leo does. You gotta he willing to make hefty invesetments and pay high costs not just in your inner growth but in your wallet too if you wish to fix aspects of your life. 

Can you send a link to the machine? Sure, I am constantly looking for some ways, yet networking in uni is pointless according to advice from cal Newport. Attending events is something else.

I think it also can though because if you look at yoga as a system or holistic process you see a lot of practices starting from Hatha yoga with pranayamas, bandhas, asanas and a lot of deep stretching to get a lot of anxiety out of the body, free one from the stress and neuroses that are held in the body (I can’t tell you how deep that is), cleaning out one’s stomach and digestive system and improving circulatory system through different pranayamas, dauti, satkarmas, detoxing oneself of things like heavy metals and other potential toxicities, etc. And that’s just prep for the actual meditative aspect of yoga. Yoga is so deep largely because of how holistic it is. A big part of yoga is the prepping ones system and psyche (they’re related) for the actually meditative part.

Interesting, I watched videos and found one studio that is not a sect. I also looked into sadghurus programms, would love to go to India for 5 months to learn yoga hardcore, because of having a support structure hence building an infrastructure. Works very well for me. 

Also, from the description above gives me more "reasons" to do hatha yoga.

It's quite unfortunate that nothing seems to work, hopefully, you find something! Did you really never try a do-nothing technique? 

reminder: if you try bacopa (brahmi) try ashwaghanda along with it - really! i met this guy who took a lot of different supplements he also had adhd he said ashwaghanda was his thing.

also just search for yoga to calm the mind on youtube, you could also search for yoga for adhd- it’s good to start there, more convenient than to start at zero, they actually know what zero needs. find a youtube teacher who is good with telling you when and how to breath - that’s the most important if you do youtube yoga! you don’t even need a mattress to start. when i started i did yoga without mattress for half a year, just bought one for the knees later. so you can check if it is your thing before you buy a mattress. you can start now or tomorrow, super easy!

Edited by now is forever