BjarkeT

Insigt "I am responsible/cause for all my problems"

9 posts in this topic

accepting 100% responsibility.

I think this is a pretty powerful insight.

I am the cause but also the solution.

Edited by BjarkeT

@BjarkeT I would like to add to what you said.

There are some people who've gone through immense trauma, for example chosing the wrong partner, abusive, deceptive, cruel and careless. Maybe some have grown up being raised in ways that limit their ability to trust others. 

Maybe someone has lost a friend or loved one or someone they knew their entire life was murdered, with these experiences, insights won't do much to slow down the natural healing process that is perfectly acceptable. 

"Your problems" can be someone elses and now it's yours.

Edited by Deepconcepts

You're responsible also for things that happened 2 thousand years ago. You're also responsible for every fortune and misfortune that ever happened :D I'm not just playing everything is one/ advaita tricks on you. Im talking literally being responsible for it. This is some new level insight that you could have for yourself. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Salvijus if that was the case no PTSD patient would ever need another appointment, healing takes time is my main point. When someone punches you in the face it's now your problem, people can still throw emotional punches to our guts and being able to feel them doesn't make us weak, it makes us capable of feeling and avoiding it is only denial and will lengthen the recovery process.

Edited by Deepconcepts

Don't get me wrong, you are right in a way, to me it's only half of the process.

it's definitely not an instantaneous fix. Patience, that's all.

To realize, "it's not our fault we can feel these emotions" and "we don't have to feel this way" is a huge change of context, don't you think? 

Edited by Deepconcepts

8 minutes ago, Deepconcepts said:

@Salvijus if that was the case no PTSD patient would ever need another appointment, healing takes time is my main point. When someone punches you in the face it's now your problem, people can still throw emotional punches to our guts and being able to feel them doesn't make us weak, it makes us capable of feeling and avoiding it is only denial and will lengthen the recovery process.

It's not that @Salvijus is wrong he just lacks empathy and wants to be some nondual elitist who can't encourage someone whose on the right track. Yes, from the absolute total metta perspective you are the cause of everything because you are everything and always have been everything since there is not but everything. It's all been you. But guess what, if a guy punches you in the mouth, yes in one sense you are the cause of that because you did put yourself in that situation in one sense or another for there to even be that situation but also it's not you're fault. You didn't make that guy punch you. All 3 are true. 

These nondual keyboard warriors on here who pose a front lack empathy and I'd be my life savings even a single awakening. If someone is truly suffering and is depressed and is about to kill themselves, you don't go them and tell them they're the cause of everything and that it's the mind and all that. You respond to them with love and a non-judgemental hand. 

@BjarkeT glad you're getting it. Just don't be neurotic about that insight in terms of it's application in your own life.

it’s not your fault being born, it’s not your fault where you are born, it’s not your fault how you are treated by family and country - but it’s not your earnings either.

radical responsibility means still facing it some day because there is no faults in you until you could already take responsibility. becoming responsible is a process that accompanies conciousness.

Edited by now is forever

@Deepconcepts i didn’t say you where wrong ;) didn’t say he was wrong.

it‘s neither our fault nor our earnings but we still can make the best of the situation always, don’t we. responsibility means also we can’t take responsibility for things that are outside of our power - that means we need to find ways to influence the unchangeable.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever exactly, you are right and i agree. I noticed I basically repeated what you said, then got confused at the comments, haven't spent much time on forums lol