Conceptually-made

I need advice

6 posts in this topic

Currently i am in high school and i have a bit more than a year left to decide to which faculty i would like to go to. My interests are basically psychology and sociology i especially love work from abraham maslow and the spiral dynamics model. I know i don’t want to study pschology since the  psychology that is being taught in universities is way different from the type i like. Now the faculties i am acually considering are economy and sociology. I am thinking about economy because psychology and sociology are very connected with economy. And also because I don’t really see my goal in life to work in any particular job... i want to be a creator for which i think studying economy would be very helpful also i like understanding the systems about how our economy works and how counter intuitive can be. But now the thing is that i am not actually interested that much in acumulating money, manipulating the population, exploiting the system and orange stuff that most of the people studying economy actually are. They are very materialistic i think (i am not saying everyone but the majority ). What i am interested in as i said earlier are more sociology and psychology but i am still not sure if i should chose the faculty of sociology since i think there might be some bullshit taughtand also it doesn’t provide me with the knowledge about how to create my own business. I could also study sociological/psychological stuff on my own which could be even more powerfull since I don’t really see any schools teaching the groundbreaking stuff i am learning through actualized.org and other sources. 

So i would appreciate if you could help me with that and share what you think about it.

I think you should make a list of 5 different jobs you can see yourself doing and then figure out the steps to get there.

If that's too hard, ask yourself what you do want to see changed in the world? ask yourself, what do you want to be? if you could create a character, what skills or lifestyle would you find appealing? then try to emulate it.

@Conceptually-made Hey man, I'm studying psychology in college it's quite good honestly. Definitely recommend it. As far as economics go, I think, if I am not wrong that, mostly consumer behaviour and organisational behaviour are the areas where psychology and sociology would meet with commerce, so I guess you could try to incorporate those subjects. 

Wish you best of luck on making the call

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@Conceptually-made I'd just like to say good you for seeing this crossroads in life and seriously contemplating which direction to take. It's all about what is right in the long run and you've got a great start on it! :)

Just for your consideration. The neurofeedback/biofeedback field.

You are here, than psychology is Your way.

Have you considered becoming a self development couch? What Leo teaches is right up that path.