okulele

Shadow Work Material Mega-Thread

16 posts in this topic

Edit: The purpose of this thread is to deeply get in touch with realities of this world without getting blinded by our concepts about them.

I was watching the video 'What Is Actuality?' and was struck by Leo's suggestion to look at the picture of Hitler and see that he is not evil.

I propose that we fill this thread with videos and materials that will trigger some kind of judgments, feelings and concepts in us.

While watching these videos, we can recognize that what we think and feel about these is not actually true, it is just what it is.

In this way we can create a library of trigger material for investigation and stripping our reality off of concepts.

Here is the first one. See clearly, that it is not good or bad. It is just what it is:

Join in and lets wash our minds of all the bullshit ?

Edited by okulele

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

I don't think you're aware of what you're asking for. To strip all the judgements, all the likes and dislikes will take you lifetimes of hardcore work :D

Good idea! Will return with a video later:)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Yeah but don't cling to it not being good or had either.  It's just not that important to have an answer or a judgment either way.  Even if you do say it is good or bad or not good or bad, that's just one Ego-Mind clinging to some thought about reality for better or for worse.  The bottom line is it's just not that important or healthy to cling to a one right answer about these things.  It just doesn't matter much.  You're gonna die soon and have all these very practical interests about how to spend your remaining time.  None of those interests involves you clinging to some kind of oversimplified judgment about reality; unless you just wanna be lost in your head your whole life, which is kind of a sad fate if you sit down and think about it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

26 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yeah but don't cling to it not being good or had either.  It's just not that important to have an answer or a judgment either way.  Even if you do say it is good or bad or not good or bad, that's just one Ego-Mind clinging to some thought about reality for better or for worse.  The bottom line is it's just not that important or healthy to cling to a one right answer about these things.  It just doesn't matter much.  You're gonna die soon and have all these very practical interests about how to spend your remaining time.  None of those interests involves you clinging to some kind of oversimplified judgment about reality; unless you just wanna be lost in your head your whole life, which is kind of a sad fate if you sit down and think about it.

Are you clinging to not clinging?

6 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Are you clinging to not clinging?

That's a good point.  I've thought about that.  Clinging to not clinging is indeed a trap.  Am I doing that?  I don't think so.  But any kind of position that one frames in language is a kind of clinging to the extent that one is preaching it.  What I'm trying to do is provide a counter-balance to try to deal with the larger issue of the Ego-Mind clinging to these kinds of beliefs at all.  This whole intellectual game is no better than snorting coke off a stripper's hip.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

21 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

That's a good point.  I've thought about that.  Clinging to not clinging is indeed a trap.  Am I doing that?  I don't think so.  But any kind of position that one frames in language is a kind of clinging to the extent that one is preaching it.  What I'm trying to do is provide a counter-balance to try to deal with the larger issue of the Ego-Mind clinging to these kinds of beliefs at all.  This whole intellectual game is no better than snorting coke off a stripper's hip.

I think alot of people on here including myself to an extent are at the early-moderate stages of learning about relativity. I think once youve gone beyond that then you can drop it completely but its a good start. Using the mind to understand and pick apart your own moralizations is better than moralizing I believe. 

21 hours ago, Rilles said:

I think alot of people on here including myself to an extent are at the early-moderate stages of learning about relativity. I think once youve gone beyond that then you can drop it completely but its a good start. Using the mind to understand and pick apart your own moralizations is better than moralizing I believe. 

When you're learning how to drive a car you study that little driving test booklet like your life depends on it.  After you pass the driving test, you just drive the car.  Same thing goes for all this intellectual sh*t.  Once you've gone through this conceptual stuff ad nauseum for years like I have, the issue just dies on the vine after a certain point.  Babies love baby food, but adults have moved beyond that.  No adult buys baby food just to reminisce a prior taste.  That never happens.  It it did, that would be kinda eccentric behavior to say the least.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Let these videos trigger you badly.

Edited by CreamCat

1 hour ago, CreamCat said:

wow, meditating on the first video is some serious shadow work :D

2 hours ago, CreamCat said:

The girl in the second videos pretentiousness triggered me more hahaha

A much simpler approach is to write your way through this stuff.

This way, with the videos, you're actually giving the things you want to release more power, you're giving them a stronger identity before you attempt to pull the energy from them, and make them meaningless happenings.

The time that you spend looking for appalling videos, watching them, and meditating on them, can be used to write through the issues.

Start by looking for a place you have a firm attachment to the position your mind holds....where your mind says it's right and the happening is wrong.

If you have to hold something as wrong, doesn't that make you have to be a jailer of the thing?  When you're mind has so many things jailed there is no potential for you to be present in the moment. Your seeking is no longer a threat to the carefully crafted illusion.

You might have to write a lot, but you'll still be able to see through a thing very quickly. And you won't be spending your days looking for something more appalling than the last person who posted.

You could even start with how the mind is using your seeking for appalling stuff to fall deeper asleep. In this case using your time to search the Internet  rather than be present where you are. You'll never run out of things that you'll find appalling, but if you see how the mind gets you to take a position  you'll have a great insight in to how your opponent operates.

@creede As I understand it, one of the qualities of the shadow is that it is hard to spot just by looking. Hopefully by seeing the material of others, we can uncover more of the stuff in ourselves, that has not been noticed.

This is a deeply moving video. Please stop your thinking for the duration and really see and feel.

@okulele

15 hours ago, okulele said:

@creede As I understand it, one of the qualities of the shadow is that it is hard to spot just by looking. Hopefully by seeing the material of others, we can uncover more of the stuff in ourselves, that has not been noticed.

If that were true you wouldn't be able to find the videos,  they'd be hidden from you by your shadow... but I get it, it's not fun to sit down and write.