Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aakash

The book god is nothingness

12 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura in the book god is nothingness what chapter are you on, i am on chapter 10-12 for sure. I am curious to understand the depth at which you understand nothingness currently. 

preferably not the answer: its difficult to put my own experience into this linear sequence, just a guestimate is fine, its a rather accurate book you have found 

Edited by Aakash

or anyone else who has the book for that matter, what chapter are you on? 

Being doesn't really benefit too much from the Ego-Mind trying to understand it.  That's why it's called being.  One must be, which really isn't an understanding.  You ride a bike, but that's not really an understanding.  You just ride the damn thing.  There's no conceptualization needed in the first instance.  Same thing with hunger, you just eat.  You're not sitting there conceptualizing your hunger in the moment.  This is really hard for the intellectual mind to grasp.  Same thing with peeing.  You're not sitting there pondering the nature of peeing when you have to go pee, you just go pee.  To me it's kinda sad to see all these books about being because being is very simple and non-intellectual.  People get confused into all this Metaphysics by reading these books, and then they cling to that which sets up a block for being.  Being is so simple that you have to find more sh*t to say about it to write any kind of book about it -- that's why all the Metaphysics has to be brought in to fill up those pages.  This just ends up filling the Ego-Mind with concepts about being, which moves you further and further away from being.  Being is like noticing a pretty woman, you don't need to say anything to appreciate her look.  

Rather than turning Enlightenment into Philosophy (or Metaphysics), I think a much better idea for a book is to write an autobiography of your own experience on the Path.  That's where you'll get your fat book without all the misleading conceptualization of being.  That's an Enlightenment book worth reading.  All the abstract stuff, all the conceptualization, is trying to turn being into some detached thing that can be theorized about in the abstract, which is not only impersonal, but misleading.  It's hiding out in a concept of being, which is just the Ego-Mind using Enlightenment to stay the same.  No, Enlightenment should be changing who you are both externally and internally, with manifestations that are apparent to others too.  Enlightenment is not some conceptual odyssey for the Philosophical Mind.  In fact, Enlightenment should be bringing you back down to earth from that Philosophical Mind, see.  If that's not happening, then you need to look at that.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor bare with me, i just had a realisation, about exactly what you just wrote before i came online, its so weird that i can't express it fully, its just that isn't being enough, we are all trying to find lofty ideologies and meaning behind the word enlightenment but at its purest levels, you are nothingness and therefore being itself, when you are sad, you are being sad, when you are happy you are just being happy. what need to write a whole book on enlightenment when the simple truth is that all there is is being. whether some people find the pill to swallow that it may not be your life that you are living- it doesn't change the fact that you are being. 

relaxing and being is all that there is. its like the whole point of enlightenment is to give up your sense of doership and relish in your true self, which is all but fancy terms, you are still going to be the present moment itself. no attachment to anything is fine, everything is fine. its like the more you do this, the happier and peaceful your meant to become, thats fair to say, but it doesn't matter if your experience was positive or negative, you were still the same thing always being. 

Joseph has said it. Its so easy to romantacize enlightenment.

The ego simply can't swallow the fact that enlightenment will bring zero benefit. Zero. It cant even hide itself in some safe concept of nothingness or eternal consciousness. Well it can try, but the utter contradiction of that delusion will eventually roast it alive as well.

Unfortunately the moment it starts intuiting that, its beyond the point of no return.

Every single human thought becomes a hoax. Even something innocent like like ''i had a good meal or I have to make a comment on that"

Really? 9_9

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

14 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@Preetom Cool st0ry br0, but the book said it's not Being either. (Joseph said it's Being.)

Being is a teaching pointer. A good one at that.

All pointers point to that which is not.

No pointer can say what it really is.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

14 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@Preetom Okay.

Btw, why do you recommend enlightenment and help people getting enlightened if there's no benefit?

I dont recommend or discourage enlightenment. Its not a cutting edge diet plan.

Those who are meant to get it, those with necessary dispassion and introspective samskaras(latent tendencies) as opposed to extroverted samskaras, will get it when the time is right.

Enlightenment doesn't harvest a goodie nor does it solve the human problem. It simply dissolves that human and the whole 'chabang' that goes with it (as the inlightened nonduality warlord likes to use that word ?)

But unfortunately most "spiritual teachers" wouldn't spill all the beans due to marketing issues. I mean who in the world would sign up for a teaching for suicide. Virtually none. Many would definitely romanticize about it, but not the real deal.

I merely try not to spread misconception and maybe show a signpost here and there for those with doubts.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Oh jeez.. psychosis is close again.

Why is that Michael?

Its not as bad as you think. Whatever negative impressions you might have, they have got nothing to do with reality.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

17 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

It's because I'm stupid enough to do this enlightenment work. But hey, I don't have free will. 

If you 'could' do anything alternative, you'd already be doing it Michael.

17 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Doesn't matter what you say. When it actually happens it's as real as being hit in the face with a sledgehammer. Talk and nothing at all helps at that point.

haha exactly!

A funny impression I get from Advaita Vedanta is how the master talks about the Self and Bang! The deciple gets woke and starts dancing in bliss ?

Its like one is in a very flimsy dream wandering about. Someone comes and gives him a little shake and bang one is awake as the Self. No loss. Only joy, as  one is always the Self. That dream character identity was like a thin spider web.

And ideally thats how it is supposed to happen. But rarely it happens like that ?

Its just that this present waking body-personality identity is so strong and glued with so much insane amount of raw emotional energy, that each time this identity is questioned or loosened even 0.001% of it, it feels like being stabbed in the gut. 

The seeker doesn't feel oh I am Self! No sir, he/she has to voluntarily put up with this dream-self mutilation for several years until all that knots and fleshy emotional meats leave the system for good. 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

On 29.6.2019 at 6:32 PM, Preetom said:

The ego simply can't swallow the fact that enlightenment will bring zero benefit. Zero. It cant even hide itself in some safe concept of nothingness or eternal consciousness. Well it can try, but the utter contradiction of that delusion will eventually roast it alive as well.

Every once in a while i arrive at this exact point and it's probably not easy to fully accept it (like.. actually accept it)

Edited by DnoReally

On 29/06/2019 at 6:52 PM, Preetom said:

The seeker doesn't feel oh I am Self! No sir, he/she has to voluntarily put up with this dream-self mutilation for several years until all that knots and fleshy emotional meats leave the system for good. 

The eye is but an eye and the same goes for suffering. Who says you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t ? 

“Honey, I'm Home” said preetom to his wife. ? 

“Honey, I’m home” said preetom to his second wife ? as she smiled back waiting to cook him some beef. 

Preetom which is your favourite wife ?