Cocolove

Should I get modafinil for the SAT & ACT

8 posts in this topic

Those are the names of standardized tests which determine getting into college, scholarships too.

I was going to just take a basic nootropic stack, as I don't want to risk taking modafinil a lot because I'm worried it would be unhealthy. Should I order modafinil for those tests? they are very important.

Would modafinil help with doing questions in a short ammount of time, creative problem solving,  & short term memory?

Would this be kinda fucked up if it gives me an advantage?

That's like taking steroids for a boxing match, LOL. It's a serious performance boost. It would definitely up your score.

But you shouldn't take it unless you experience no side-effects.

Modinfinil is like that movie Limitless, but less extreme and far less negative side-effects.

The SAT's should really start drug-testing students because this is a huge exploit.

Of course you still have to study to know how to answer questions. But your recall times and focus will be a lot better, which is important for tightly-timed exams.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Serotoninluv I have never taken Adderall nor do I intend to since it is basically meth.

Don't take things which screw up your body chemistry, like antidepressants.

@Leo Gura  Adderall is popular with college students as a potent performance booster. I’m aware of it’s neurological effects. I’m just curious if Modinfinil is in the same league. 

Adderall is amphetamines and has a much lower neurotoxicity profile than methamphetamine.

@Serotoninluv Since I haven't taken Adderall I cannot say.

When you are on Modafinil or Armodafinil you are good. You don't need more focus. If anything, it's too potent.

Too much of a good thing becomes a bad thing.

If you do try it, build up some experience with Modafinil before you sit the test. The first time I had Modafinil it made me very anxious and to be honest, it actually gave me brain fog. It didn't make me drowsy or anything, but I always felt distracted on it.

I've built up some experience with Modafinil since then and now I can take it without any negatives, but I don't feel that Modafinil is very beneficial. 

I have a suspicion that Modafinil doesn't work for some people. Leo seems to love it, but I'm still not sold on its effectiveness. 

Edited by Staples

@Staples Most psychoactives don't work for all people. Brain chemistry is a tricky business.