Rilles

The Biggest Problem With Self-Inquiry

31 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Babies shouldn't be left alone with a bottle of drink or a gun. Might go against forum guidelines xD 

Stop teasing baby... 

You can pm me and we can self-inquire... privately... if u want...;)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

34 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Stop teasing baby... 

You can pm me and we can self-inquire... privately... if u want...;)

LOL there is no 'we' in self inquiry. Okay I'll try to explain it in PG terms as best as I can, see if a wisdom tooth or two grow inside your mouth :P 

When you are doing self-inquiry, you are looking for something that is absolutely real, something that really exists. But what is real existence? For something to truly exist, it must fulfill 2 conditions.

1) It must exist right now

2) It must be self-aware. In other words, it cannot depend on anything else BUT itself to know it's own existence.

Now if something fulfills only the first condition and not the second, then that thing is not truly existent at all. It becomes an imaginary, conceptual, unreal existence; in other words not existent at all. It is not primary truth in the strict sense because it needs another reality to validate it's own existence. That was the theory part. Now look at your hand. This right here is the key!

Are YOU aware of the hand? or is the hand aware of YOU?

Notice that any experience, even the most subtle objective experiences, are NOT self-aware. They 'seem' to exist or to be present in this moment, but they all need YOU to validate their existence. That means whatever objective phenomena you experience is unreal existence.

Notice that in the entirety of your experience, YOU(whatever that is) are the only self-aware being. Only YOU possess that tinge of self-awareness.

The self-inquiry I'm talking about (as Ramana prescribed it), the purpose of it is to bypass or not being bothered with any unreal existence, but only following/coming back to/seeking that flavor of self-awareness that you know yourself as I AM...as many times as necessary...over and over again. It literally has an unique flavor because only YOU possess that. It is also ever present. In no situation, this self-awareness ceases to exist. The body, mind, world none of it has that tinge of self-awareness.

So next time you feel 'heavy/solid' due to excess baby fat, ask yourself, am I aware of solidness? or is solidness aware of I?

Relax your attention on anything that is unreal existence(which is every phenomena you experience). And only keep on being acquainted with that unique flavor of self-awareness.

Keep drinking the honey of I AM. Once you get sufficiently familiar with that unique taste, oh boy you couldn't easily loose it even if you tried.

Keep drinking the honey like a good boy and one day you might die from obesity. You can then call that enlightenment and maybe celebrate here lol

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Jkris @tedens @Rilles

I challenge you to get enlightened by 2019!

Thanks for that post btw! Haha... I wont be... Maybe a minor mystical experience but I doubt it

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I feel that something can happen but I don't know whether I'll want that.

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Thanks for that post btw! Haha... I wont be... Maybe a minor mystical experience but I doubt it

Why are you so attached to sucking on ego's tits?

You needed that once upon a time to keep yourself alive. Not anymore.

1 hour ago, tedens said:

I feel that something can happen but I don't know whether I'll want that.

Let's see how it goes, but purity of intent is super important.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''