Jonson

Lazy, undisciplined, Big goals

10 posts in this topic

Everything that we want to achieve is actually a specific state of a system of variables. We actually want to manipulate all these systems in every area of life .

But sometimes these systems are really hard to understand.  My cousin for example understands a lot of things and he is able to achieve a lot of shit and he is very friendly and he can solve and learn shit very fast. I understand a lot of shit too but in a holistic, big picture way, idk.  At school for example i'll have some exams and i'm going to learn everything in 30 days that i had to learn in 3 years i mean relearn some things. But that's just what i expect of myself. When i face a complex issue to solve, i get angry and frustrated when i can't solve it so i move on because I'm lazy. Yet i still think that I'm going to become a very smart man  and i'm gonna develop myself in every area of life and become someone like elon musk, sadghuru, eliott hulse .. I'm gonna be fit, very smart, charismatic gonna have all the skills from art to technical skills kind of like a Leonardo Davinchi

I always notice my mistakes and intuitively i know what's wrong.   I know that this text is not well written and structured but i'm too lazy to perfect it.  

I am in 12 grade and i'm gonna discipline myself to learn these 30 days everything for the upcoming exam cause i think it's possible. 

Edited by Jonson

@Jonson  Yeh, you have to be responsible for yourself. If you loved yourself truly, you wouldn't waste your life like this. :D 

you have time to learn. i would make your desire stronger than the excuses and get going my boy.

Be careful with shooting for so many things in so many areas at the same time. You have time, so use it well and spread the things you want to learn and internalize over some "personal projects". This is a marathon, not a race

just do what you want. dont force yourself to some sort of idea of an aesthetic. I see myself in you, but I am slowly releasing myself from being a slave to manufactured aesthetic. I am 'lazy' but I dont call it that. I say im smart because I dont do stuff I dont feel like doing. this strategy has brought me the most success in my life.

The only people who become like Da Vinci are the people who are crazy enough to believe that they can. ;)

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

20 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

The only people who become like Da Vinci are the people who are crazy enough to believe that they can. ;)

The thing to remember about DaVinci is that he wasn't some head-in the clouds romantic. Not by any shot of the imagination. He was the kind of man who had corpses shipped to his house to dig through their guts. He decided he was going to learn about the world hands-on and at any cost. He captured beauty and ingenuity on a visual level. He was masculine in his drive, with an outwardly feminine essence. There was no path cut for him, just an inner calling.

Ego is a tool, a child's toy we get too caught up playing with - something I'm extremely guilty of on a daily basis. It tells us our needs and helps us survive. We become so dependent on it, we think we can't function without it. Write down what your needs in life are, then trace back the reasoning. And realize the reasoning is going to seem stupid to your logical mind. It's also best if you're not too rigid with this. Our animal mind prefers intuitive abstraction. Logic is cool, but we're the only species to evolve it. If it was that great, it would be intrinsic to far more than just human beings. Intuitive abstraction is also the best way to work towards developing any sort of psychic potential you may have laying dormant. 

Think the weirdest, dumbest, craziest thought you can think and go full force. If it's ridiculous, embrace the irony and laugh at it. It will be painful, because you risk being shamed simply because our society has become so rigid that we repress and deny our animal. Shame occurs when we operate or are pushed outside the expectations and standards of a given social value system. 

Embrace crazy. If you need better communication and relationship with your body, try things like Tai Chi, Taoist philosophy and improv theater.

Edited by OrpheusNovum

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle 

Leonardo DaVinci was excellent painter, crafts-person and an original thinker. I don't know a lot about art, but he was considered one of the best.  It is worth noting however, that he relied on commissions from his patrons to earn a living... he wasn't just given free rein to go about doing whatever he liked. He was an employee his entire life, from the age of 14. 

What I'm saying is that like all of us, I'm sure the guy had to make a few compromises in life.