corndjorn

I think psychedelics can blunt spiritual progress. thoughts?

234 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I havent done psychedelics so I’ll paraphrase a Rupert Spira video

Person asking questions (PAQ): ”Whenever I do Mushrooms I get in touch with awareness and everything is lovely and beautiful” 

Rupert: ”Are you aware right now?”

PAQ ”Yes”

Rupert ”How far do you need to go to be aware?”

PAQ ”Not far at all”

Rupert ”You dont need to do anything to be what you are, you are always awareness”

:)

That's great. Hope everyone sees this so they can get instantly enlightened. That's what happened to Spira, right? Or no, he spent 20+ years doing mantra/concentration meditation. I like Spira, but it's easy to say "just be aware". His prior concentration practice for sure had a part in why he could benefit so quickly from his advaita practice. And advaita is great but sometimes it takes work to be stable and interested in being aware, and this is where psychedelics CAN help to speed up this process.

1 minute ago, Esoteric said:

That's great. Hope everyone sees this so they can get instantly enlightened. That's what happened to Spira, right? Or no, he spent 20+ years doing mantra/concentration meditation. I like Spira, but it's easy to say "just be aware". His prior concentration practice for sure had a part in why he could benefit so quickly from his advaita practice. And advaita is great but sometimes it takes work to be stable and interested in being aware, and this is where psychedelics CAN help to speed up this process.

You are already enlightened :)

^^ Making this post now before someone else does

@Esoteric Again, awakening to nonduality is not full enlightenment. ive been stabilized in nonduality for 4 years now, but your limbic system has to catch up to the awakening by clearing ALL fear mechanisms and the attachments that try to run away from it. only then and only then, can you be considered enlightened. before that you are just awake to nonduality, because there are still veils of delusion that cover your experience, which is incongruent to the nature of nonduality.

You seem to be quite lucid in your approach and understanding. Out of curiousity why are you on this forum? 

@Esoteric if you truly think you're enlightened, or everyone is enlightened, then youre not really congruent to reality. Do you really think people are fully enlightened with all the egoic delusions that are in their system? 

@Arhattobe thank you. and in regard why im here I like discussing spirituality with people from time to time, also can help me put to light and process my own stuff

5 minutes ago, corndjorn said:

@Esoteric if you truly think you're enlightened, or everyone is enlightened, then youre not really congruent to reality. Do you really think people are fully enlightened with all the egoic delusions that are in their system? 

It was a joke.

1 minute ago, corndjorn said:

@Esoteric oh okay, didnt know.

Spend some months on the forums and you will get this joke.

18 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

I agree with that.

Question: What are you looking for when you do psychs? What do you want to find? 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles @Rilles spira isnt fully enlightened, but is awake to nonduality, there is a difference really, he is in a deep nondual state though i believe. dont feel like talking about the difference tbh  cuz i talked about it before in the thread, sorry for my laziness lol

Edited by corndjorn

4 minutes ago, corndjorn said:

@Rilles @Rilles spira isnt fully enlightened, but is awake to nonduality, there is a difference really, he is in a deep nondual state though i believe. dont feel like talking about the difference tbh  cuz i talked about it before in the thread, sorry for my laziness lol

Hes more 10000x more awake than me though so I’ll bet he knows what hes talking about. 

@Rilles yep, hes a pretty cool teacher, though i suggest you read or listen to shunryu zen master if youd like, i believe he has much more depth than most teachers.

2 minutes ago, corndjorn said:

@Rilles yep, hes a pretty cool teacher, though i suggest you read or listen to shunryu zen master if youd like, i believe he has much more depth than most teachers.

Thanks man! I will:)??

@tedens side effect of what? im sorry i dont know exactly what youre talking about.

Edited by corndjorn

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

I agree with that.

Question: What are you looking for when you do psychs? What do you want to find? 

What are you looking for when you are meditating? What do you want to find?