Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brenzo2

Psychedelics, Meditation, and Self-Consciousness

21 posts in this topic

I've recently been reading an article by the name of Psychedelics, Meditation, and Self-consciousness (will update later with the link and citation). 

It includes the table attached here, and also comments on 5-MeO-DMT; stating that it involves the loss of all three categories on the horizontal axis shown in the table. (Loss of body ownership, loss of bodily awareness, loss of self-location). 

It also gives information on a milultidimensional model of Consciousness. 

I've found links between the information discussed here and the information conveyed in Leo's videos. Thought this was pretty interesting. 

I'm pretty sure bodily awareness may be worked on through a Kriya yoga type technique, self-location may be slowly dissolved through identification with consciousness, and the same with body ownership. 

What would the striving towards simultaneous multisensory self-loss and narrative self-loss be called? 

A very interesting point I noticed is that with 5-MeO-DMT compared to self-loss in other psychedelic states has a phenomenal richness. And is extremely similar to that of self-loss in meditation. 

received_244192883169081.jpeg

Edited by Brenzo2

5-meo = loss of all that conceptualization. It goes prior to all thoughts, ideas, sensations and perceptions. In the end, there is Mu.

Funny mu’s 

In the beginning there is mu, in the end there is mu, and that in which the beginning and end arises and falls there is mu. 

Let’s not kid ourselves now mu. 

Smoke this, snort this, even stick this up your corn hole, then you will know who mu are. :P

Edited by Jack River

37 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Funny mu’s 

In the beginning there is mu, in the end there is mu, and that in which the beginning and end arises and falls there is mu. 

Let’s not kid ourselves now mu. 

Smoke this, snort this, even stick this up your corn hole, then you will know who mu are. :P

I can see how it would appear that way from one perspective.

4 minutes ago, Jack River said:

All perspectives arise and fall back into mu?

And when it is revealed in direct experience, a mind may mature from conceptualizing it to embodiment.

Direct experience is mu, as is the arising & falling conceptualization :P

?????????

Edited by Jack River

6 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Direct experience is mu, as is the arising conceptualization :P

?????????

If and when it reveals itself it will make itself known. If a mind is still entertaining thoughts about it, it hasn't yet revealed itself.

8 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

If and when it reveals itself it will make itself known. If a mind is still entertaining thoughts about it, it hasn't yet revealed itself.

It’s all mu my dude. Mu loves to manifest. ?

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Jack River When it reveals itself you will know and the desire to play with words about it will dissolve. 

Really?.. why all this chatter mu?

@Jack River  You don’t seem to have an interest in exploring a new area. I respect that. Have a nice evening ? 

8 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Jack River  You don’t seem to have an interest in exploring a new area. I respect that. Have a nice evening ? 

Oh, how do you mean my dear sir?

you seem very certain you have access to something that we all do not. Now that’s not very mu of mu now is it?:)

seriously mr serotoninluv, who are you trying to convince? 

Enlighten up dude?

@RobertZ Mu can't be spoken of besides to say that it is perfectly empty. Even saying that is too much.

26 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@RobertZ Mu can't be spoken of besides to say that it is perfectly empty. Even saying that is too much.

Mu are full but have nothing

Mu are empty but contain all?