DocHoliday

Are You Afraid...?

46 posts in this topic

B61E5C29-3304-4BF4-A2FF-037A07E5C338.png

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

visualize yourself that if you don't face those fears, how you will hit your head against those blocks for the next 20 years of your life. stack up all that 20 years of pain and what you might sacrifice because of those fears and weight that against what it would take to solve it right now " so go ahead and do it"

@positivevibes This post was not intended as a "cry for help", but I appreciate the replyxD

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Fighting fear with more fear is never a good idea. That is; if you desire to experience no fear.

Fear is a messenger. A compass. Lets you know if you are approaching boundaries. It is a part of your survival mechanism.

Fear is to be invited in and transformed. Slowly; at a comfortable past. No need to fear fear.

9 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Without resistance to fear, does fear exist?

If you still have karma to purge yes ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

15 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Without resistance to fear, does fear exist?

@Serotoninluv That's a weird question. Of course it exists because you've mentioned it in your questionxD Whether or not resistence is there, fear itself would still be there - you just don't resist it. 

EDIT: It's kinda like asking "If you don't experience any problems eating things that contain wheat, does wheat still exist?"

Edited by DocHoliday

9 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

@Serotoninluv That's a weird question. Of course it exists because you've mentioned it in your questionxD Whether or not resistence is there, fear itself would still be there - you just don't resist it. 

Even in my worst bouts with terror, when the resistance dissolved there was a dramatic energetic shift. I’m not sure I would still call it fear. With surrender, resistance dissolves and it just is. 

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

In my worst bouts with terror, when the resistance dissolved there was a dramatic energetic shift. I’m not sure I would still call it fear. Without resistance, it just is. 

@Serotoninluv Yeah, sure, once fear can be embraced and transformed, practically speaking it would, in fact, "no longer be there". But it would still exist. Perhaps then not for you anymore, but that doesn't mean that it's generally, universally eradicated. 

Edited by DocHoliday
Reason for edit: typos and stuff

11 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

@Serotoninluv Yeah, sure, once fear can be embraced and transformed, practically speaking it would, in fact, "no longer be there"

The absence of resistance does not mean the presence of embracement. It just is without resistance or embracement. There is noone to resist or embrace. There is simply appearances.

@Serotoninluv Oh, okay, well now I get where you're coming from. Sure thing:)

@DocHoliday For me, it is a marker between relief and true peace, Resistance seeks relief, true peace just is. 

Fear and insecurity dynamics are really interesting to observe in my mind-body, yet it can be uncomfortable. One thing I’ve learned is that much of my mind-body is oriented toward avoiding fear and insecurity. It’s deeply ingrained and hard to reprogram.

53 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@DocHoliday For me, it is a marker between relief and true peace, Resistance seeks relief, true peace just is. 

Fear and insecurity dynamics are really interesting to observe in my mind-body, yet it can be uncomfortable. One thing I’ve learned is that much of my mind-body is oriented toward avoiding fear and insecurity. It’s deeply ingrained and hard to reprogram.

Why reprogram it ?

Isn't that still fear/resistance ? ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

Why reprogram it ?

Good point. From a personal development and human perspective, reprogramming would have practical uses. For example, there is a disorder in which a person has an intense fear of making left hand turns while driving. This can turn a 10 minute drive to the grocery store into hours. It can create a lot of angst and difficulties in a person’s life, including their family. If there was a way to flip a switch in their brain to remove this fear, I think most would say go for it.

From a nondual perspective, there is no difference. 

38 minutes ago, Shin said:

Why reprogram it ?

@Shin Indeed, trying to get rid of fear by distancing yourself from it is inherently still based upon fear. Namely the fear not to feel or face fear. But exactly in facing fears and transforming them we get "rid of them". Total embrace and confrontation. So, you see, one can still change himself, of course. Would be stupid not to. If there's something significantly limiting in you or your behaviour respecitvely that you want to change, then by any means, go for it. 

The key is to first accept yourself and everything around you as it is, to fully let it in. Only then true change can happen, or else, everything else is only surface-level bandaging. 

Because, what it fundamentally comes down to is, that everything we're afraid of or opposed to (accept as ourself) is nothing else but the the fear of No-Self. And of course, as you and many others surely know, really truly deeply honestly earnestly going for No-Self is, or can be, extremely fucking scary. 

And this very fear of no-self is the ultimate fear that we're usually trying to distance ourselves from rather than letting it in and embracing it. That's the fear so many people are afraid of to look in the eye and thus, try to "get rid of" by every other means imaginable. 

Edited by DocHoliday

@Serotoninluv ♥️ ?

My mind-body likes to think freedom and peace is the absence of emotions like fear and sadness. So, my mind-body tries to avoid them, push them away and get rid of them. 

There seems to be a deeper sense of freedom and peace. . . When fear comes knocking at the door, allow it enter, allow it to be present and allow it to leave.

14 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

My mind-body likes to think freedom and peace is the absence of emotions like fear and sadness. So, my mind-body tries to avoid them, push them away and get rid of them. 

There seems to be a deeper sense of freedom and peace. . . When fear comes knocking at the door, allow it enter, allow it to be present and allow it to leave.

@Serotoninluv Yeah, no, absolutely not. Don't be a stone-BuddhaxD Freedom and peace could only ever come through non-resistance. 

It's like wanting to craft something remarkably beautiful, but refusing to work with all the materials necessary to craft it. I mean, if I want to bake myself a cake, I'll most certainly have to work with flour - I can't reject it. And even beyond that, the more I concern myself with flour, its texture, its purity, all its differnt kinds of origin and how it reacts with other ingredients, the better the cake will be in the end. 

Edited by DocHoliday