Joseph Maynor

What do you think of Benecol Margarine -- I bought some of this

9 posts in this topic

Snap us the ingredient list will ya? :) 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

There are no hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats which is great, most plant based margarines are loaded with that stuff.

I'm not the biggest fan of Canola or Palm Oil but at the same time believe we do need some saturated fats for optimum health. Don't go eating tablespoons of that stuff and you'll be alright, should be a nice grease for breads or perhaps even for cooking as the palmitic oil does not oxidise and turn rancid as easily as olive or avocado oil. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 1/31/2019 at 2:00 AM, Michael569 said:

There are no hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats which is great, most plant based margarines are loaded with that stuff.

I'm not the biggest fan of Canola or Palm Oil but at the same time believe we do need some saturated fats for optimum health. Don't go eating tablespoons of that stuff and you'll be alright, should be a nice grease for breads or perhaps even for cooking as the palmitic oil does not oxidise and turn rancid as easily as olive or avocado oil. 

Thanks.  What I've been using it for is as a "butter" for sweet potato when I eat one.  

Why not just buy Organic Grass-Fed Butter? Most of those ingredients are artificial and potentially genetically modified. Its like putting the wrong fuel in your car. Keep it simple. The less ingredients, the better and easier for the body to use and convert into energy.

Learn to see the simplicity of nature and eat/live that way. You will feel far more amazing and won't have to question what you are putting into your body. Just looking out for ya :)

B R E A T H E

Butter made from raw milk will be the best choice. Don't run from cholesterol and animal saturated fats, leads to death. I have experienced the downside of that on my own body in the last years.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.