EvilAngel

Isn't spiral dynamics just a way of putting people in boxes?

28 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

Yes you can. My beliefs, for example, are fluid and can change from day to day (even with the recognition that they are just beliefs). So I cannot be categorised as any particular colour. 

It's so, so dumb, and actually @Leo Gura I am understanding Spiral Dynamics, and it's nonsense.

I mean how do you explain someone who has traits of all the different "stages"? 

I could literally go through all stages in a day.

Maybe I'm a "rainbow person". o.O

Read the book on Spiral Dynamics. These statements you are making are all talked about there. Yes you have many different vmemes in you but not all of them as much as the other.

Yes but your beliefs/thoughts follow a certain pattern, if youre Stage Green you dont go hating homosexuals out of the blue (no pun intended). 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, EvilAngel said:

I could literally go through all stages in a day.

If you have a Yellow-level understanding of SD, why pretend like you misunderstand it?

To grow, it’s important to honor where one is at. Currently, I’m at an intermediate level of yoga. For me to advance, I must honor and train at my current level. To say I can perform at any level I want would be a hindrance to my own development.

8 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Read the book on Spiral Dynamics. These statements you are making are all talked about there. Yes you have many different vmemes in you but not all of them as much as the other.

Yes but your beliefs/thoughts follow a certain pattern, if youre Stage Green you dont go hating homosexuals out of the blue (no pun intended). 

You're suggesting that hating homosexuals is somehow a less "developed" worldview. It's a different  worldview than, say, a member of the LGBT community, but how can you, in your right mind say that it's less developed? (disclaimer: I am not expressing my personal opinion about homosexuality when I make this point.)

Just now, EvilAngel said:

You're suggesting that hating homosexuals is somehow a less "developed" worldview. It's a different  worldview than, say, a member of the LGBT community, but how can you, in your right mind say that it's less developed? (disclaimer: I am not expressing my personal opinion about homosexuality when I make this point.)

In a sense it is. It depends on what you mean by undeveloped. Are people who hate them stupid? no. Are they causing themselves and others suffering? yes.

Jordan Peterson would hate it, because it points out in what ways he embodies deep stage orange.

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

In a sense it is. It depends on what you mean by undeveloped. Are people who hate them stupid? no. Are they causing themselves and others suffering? yes.

Conversely, you could say they *might* be preventing someone from going to hell and suffering.

9 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

Conversely, you could say they *might* be preventing someone from going to hell and suffering.

We cant know that for sure so that would be a pointless conversation. We have to talk about real suffering occuring now.

Isn't spiral dynamics just a way of putting people in boxes?

No.

Spiral Dynamics is not about people. It is about values.