Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
exaviusx

The Forum and Mental masturbation

8 posts in this topic

Hello fellow self actualizers

I'm interested in the idea of people/ egos using this forum as a kind of mental masturbation - tool.

After all, talking is just talking. Might we lose ourselves is our conversations, or are we going to act on them?

What are your thoughts on this?

1 minute ago, exaviusx said:

Hello fellow self actualizers

I'm interested in the idea of people/ egos using this forum as a kind of mental masturbation - tool.

After all, talking is just talking. Might we lose ourselves is our conversations, or are we going to act on them?

What are your thoughts on this?

I'm very competitive, so I think this might be the perfect fit for me to actually start taking action. I know self actualization isn't a competition. But I get more inspired when I see other people accomplishing and pursuing things, instead of being "in the dark"/lonely. This forum makes things more real

- Enter your fear and you are free -

Right.  If you give the monkey a banana it may change its course of activity.

joy :)

I see what you mean. I guess this might have a lot to do with your character and the way you approach things.

Still, being competitive does'nt mean, it makes you invunerable to mental masturbation/ homeostasis. Right?

I think that even if someone uses this forum for mental masturbation, they will eventually wake up when they see the results other people are getting.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

It definitely might, and probably will, but don't forget watching Leo's videos are just as prone to procrastination as much as this forum. I like the journal idea Leo has added. Personally, I think Leo would benefit by giving each account a little diary section where individuals can write their daily achievements and efforts down they did relating to personal development. If these, or at least part, of these journals were public it could provide competition and show each other what is possible. "Oh look at how much he did today, I'm going to have to step up my game!" it makes people organized too

It's in our nature to be lazy and to prefer theorizing versus taking massive action. No matter what the tool, or course, or book, or seminar, only about 20% of people using it will get shit done. The rest are slackers.

Yes! People will definitely use this forum for mental masturbation.

Resolve to not be one of them.

The best way to use a forum is very selectively. Find the golden nuggets, ignore the rest, and focus on building up your life instead of yapping all day. Contribute your own golden nuggets back into the community once in a while.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I dig it more like: a place where u can see other people's perspectives,see the shit they are going trough so they get their results, and see the obstacles they are passing. Its a huge archive of human effort. There is value in that. It can be very helpfully if u use it the right way. 

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"