Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MisterMan

Dragon Ball Super A in depth personal analysis

15 posts in this topic

Of our understanding of ego and how transcendence works. Looking at every character and the archetypes you are able to map out the inner workings of the mind through these archetypal images and how the story wraps itself up perfectly in line with this theory.

So in the final series. Universe Survival Saga. Where the structure of gods within the dragon ball world is very government like. Or like royalty. In the sense that both use a labels and titles that represent different levels of power. And it becomes interesting here.

There is the feud between GOKU and VEGETA. What's super interesting about these two is because GOKU represents the expansion and the transcendence. And VEGETA represents the ego.
He is self obsessedm selfish, proud to the point of entitlement. Sound familiar? Ego! 
So how i was able to make this observation of the two is because as the two fight within the entire history of the DBZ saga. Vegeta, this terribly serious, self absorded individual would reach incredible strengths and amazing potential expansion of his limits. However VEGETA, or the ego, always trails GOKU"s advancements. GOKU is always leading the show, always going there first.

And then poor old VEGETA is like, dammit! HOW do i GET THERE! I MUST PESEREVERE!
Sound familiar?
Where as goku, his character is completely unserious. Now let's get to Goku's relationship with the GODS in the series. There is Beerus, the God of Destruction. Then there are King Kai's. Where Beerus is the God of Destruction, the Kai's CREATE life! Two opposites,.
Much like the Good vs bad? Fear of death? And then it's opposite? ahhhh DUALITY!

Then it goes higher!
To a god that rules all . And what is super interesting. That the only reason he ever met the gods. Is because of what? IT'S BECAUSE OF GOKU'S INNOCENCE! For example.

When the GOD god, ruler of the Kai's and God of destruction and everything below that. Meets Goku, Goku so innocently just comes right over. Completely forgets about the social convention and how one "must act" and just non chalantly goes over and introduces himself. 

Not only that! But he hits it OFF THE PARK. Every one who he meets is interested and likes talking to him. Despite the superiors around him which even may command more authority over him. When it comes times the playfulness just ignores those rules and go's over. To which the GOD GOD, this childish being. That talks and behaves like a child playing, completely unserious being. Unlike all the others. Gets along amazingly well where Goku just broke through all the conventions that limited them conversing with the almighty apart from things like "yes sir" and "at once".

Goku just talks like he talks to anyone and it absolutely terrifies the GODS underneath the ONE. 

This is also the reason Goku and the entire DBZ family became friends with the King Kai's and the God of Destruction and how they are intricately and intimately involved with each other as friends and even somewhat equals in terms of love towards one another. 

Throughout the series, Goku transcends, with pure intent and goes above and beyond all previously thought limits. Then the entire DBZ fam. Especially Vegeta, now we can begin to categorise and compartmentalise the entire family and recognise Vegeta's place within that group.  Of the proud, self obsessed and selfish part of ourselves he always trails Goku, but every now and again through dumbluck he goes through. Goku always leads but Ego does some pretty gnarly shit just by grit and determination.

Now to look at Vegeta's connection with his family. Whilst they show a montage when he's getting the shit kicked out of him. They play this montage in slow motion of all the "good times" Vegeta has shared with his family on the show. 

When we see the images, it's vegeta being vegeta. He's arrogant, cocky, self obsessed but even still the show makes A POINT to show us that even with all that shit! He still cares DEEPLY.

We could go through more parts. There is this character. HERCULE or SATAN depending on which version you watch. But in both he's the Hero from Earth that takes all the credit for everyone elses hard work. There is Bulma where she's super smart and does cool shit like invent time machines from the future. Intellect?

And in it more compartmentalised bits of shadow aspects in a small group of harmless criminals that area always scheming but are treated like children and never really get anywhere. However through that some authentic relationships blossom.

And the best example?

All of the DBZ fam that fought together against the rest? ALL of them at ONE stage FOUGHT Goku as the enemy of the show! Eventually lost! And then they become good! Nearly always! Picollo, Vegeta!, Majin Buu, The androids. They all become part of the family! Or in other words?
INTEGRATED.

They start a family, check up on the heroes, often have their own purpose and are doing great. As a symbol of integration in the real world. 

Pretty interesting stuff. 

Then there is heaps of other shit when an enemy becomes  God Of Destruction in the tournament they were fighting . He becomes a god only after RENOUNCING his attachment to JUSTICE. Which all the characters do silly dances where they show makes fun of themselves through the other characters observations.  

But it's pretty interesting. To me this is another type of synchronicity in being able to really see underneath the covers. I often would liken it to listening to the show in the sewers. Where the remains of what doesn't process excretes and flows under. The subtext.

OH and there is this new thing GOKU has reached called ULTRA INSTINCT where basically he's no longer clouding his actions with thoughts when he fights. So each part of the body is acting on it's own volition. For if he were to force his actions with thoughts they would slow down as there is more processing that needs to happen which stops it from reacting directly. At best the emptier your mind the closer the gap between it happening and reacting almost to the point of it being the same thing. Or another way of transcenance! 

Where they claim it is even hard for the GODS to master! and here Goku is becoming ultra instinct. 

The show is even better when you look at it like this. Makes it waaaaaaaay more interesting.

Edited by MisterMan

This is probably the last thing I expected to get posted on these forums. 

Nice observations! It really makes more sense now.

I like the idea that Goku is always growing to infinity. Always is moving past previous limitations and becoming more infinite.

Nice observation :)

Goku's ultra instinct was the point of enlightenment. Total empty mind and pure impulse.

-A state deeper the instinct #Whis 

Honestly, this brought me into tears a little :D

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Goku is Leo

Vegeta is TJ Reeves

???

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Nice observation :)

Goku's ultra instinct was the point of enlightenment. Total empty mind and pure impulse.

-A state deeper the instinct #Whis 

Honestly, this brought me into tears a little :D

That's flow more than enlightemend tbh, i don't think they are simmilar

52 minutes ago, Jordan94 said:

That's flow more than enlightemend tbh, i don't think they are simmilar

No no no :D

This is a state where he stops thinking and only impulse is there. In other words, no ego is left only universal force. 

Read carefully what Whis is says in 2.22min "All hesitation and doubt are gone, all He can feel is himself, an oponent, and a fight but even such perception is growing dim and fades" meaning he no longer feels any bounderies, his perception of everything became one.

That's enlightenment alright. :)

Btw, flow state is in many ways same as enlightenment because flow state means no thought, no thought means ego death, ego death means enlightenment

Edited by Salvijus

Yeah, the similarities. There are so many. It really makes you think. Wether this is all the meaning of projection. Which is kind of what they ultimately allude to when transcending those boundaries.

I wonder what the dragon ball dragon. Or the super dragon ball dragon represents in this? With their capability to grant wishes?

Jirens last words. I swear to god i'm not making this up. 

" In the end, Son Goku said he wanted to see me again. But, because i've lived my life bound by my past, I can't form connections with anyone."

And Frieza finally got integrated! He's one of the DBZ FAM now! Crazy! This dragon ball thing

Edited by MisterMan

images(23).jpg

God is love

And God in them

Haven't seen any of that. Is it similar? In that way?

To be fair i notice that sort of thing a fair bit in tv shows. Bojack horseman is full shadow work on television with those characters. Deep shit!

Then theres Rick and Morty. One of the episodes the daughter of rick goes into her "imagination land" where people eat versions of themselves. Ie us and eating animals. And she comes to terms with who she is in that place, then get's convinced SHE DOES NOT EXIST! 

Again with that shit.

And now the real parallel is that aweseom amazing show with elijah wood. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. "Everythings connected" and they aggresively and obviously but also on many other levels they have the same theme. In the 2nd season when they are in a childs dream. And all the shit they learn. is bhuddism shit. 

34 minutes ago, MisterMan said:

show with elijah wood. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. "Everythings connected" and they aggresively and obviously but also on many other levels they have the same theme. In the 2nd season when they are in a childs dream. And all the shit they learn. is bhuddism shit. 

Hmmm. Thanks for sharing this. It looks good :)

41 minutes ago, MisterMan said:

Haven't seen any of that. Is it similar? In that way?

To be fair i notice that sort of thing a fair bit in tv shows. Bojack horseman is full shadow work on television with those characters. Deep shit!

Then theres Rick and Morty. One of the episodes the daughter of rick goes into her "imagination land" where people eat versions of themselves. Ie us and eating animals. And she comes to terms with who she is in that place, then get's convinced SHE DOES NOT EXIST! 

Again with that shit.

And now the real parallel is that aweseom amazing show with elijah wood. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. "Everythings connected" and they aggresively and obviously but also on many other levels they have the same theme. In the 2nd season when they are in a childs dream. And all the shit they learn. is bhuddism shit. 

It's just god reffering at himself without knowing it.

Nothing mysterious about it.

Life is just a beautiful ode to the absolute ?

God is love

And God in them

Can confirm i came. Pretty hard

Edited by MisterMan