andyjohnsonman

brain training games

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone used any websites/ games for brain training and do you feel they have improved memory, concentration cognition in anyway? I want to invest in a couple of games if anyone can share some.

So far I've learnt about lumosity, nitendo ds games game challenger for PS3, suduko and a few websites that are in this link.

https://www.verywellmind.com/top-websites-and-games-for-brain-exercise-2224140

@andyjohnsonman Not worth your time.

Kriya yoga or mindfulness meditation with labeling will blow all that junk out of the water.

What you need is not games but an industrial-grade practice like the two above.

At the very least you could just sit and stare at your hand for 30 minutes straight, and that will do way more for you than those so-called brain training games.

Life is short and full of suffering, so stop dicking around and get serious.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes I do Vipassana and Kriya already but from my understanding that's for training the subconscious mind.

These games would be more about training the conscious mind?

Or do the other practices do this too and it's better just to focus on these as they have more overall positive benefits? 

www.lumosity.com.

This game increased my iq by 50 points after an year. Try it

Edited by Good-boy

Dual N-Back probably works in training working memory. See it as a form of meditation, most people answer the n-back question using intuition. Whether greater working memory is useful is another question, maybe for some things.

https://www.gwern.net/DNB-FAQ

Neuroscientists use N-back to assess working memory performance. You press A or L when either visual or audio is matching what you've seen or heard two rounds back. Some people have trained themselves to do 7 times back.

Here's one person writing of their N-back program:
https://github.com/HMB-Entertainment/NZT

"When I play NZT in 3D, I enter a flow state and let my brain provide the answer. In a way I strive to replicate meditaton. Meditation requires internal awareness to determine if you meditate correctly. A guru can't see into your mind, while a gymnastics teacher can see errors in form and technique. NZT will provide imemdiate feedback if you lose focus. Although people may have different techniques for representing the elements in working memory, the game feedback provides a degree of objectivity.

I value the flow state with utmost importance because of its fragility. Having to click something on the screen, popups, and shifting colours can break this for me. I elected for music tones to indicate user input and feedback so that the visual system could enter a flow state.

I felt inspired to design it this way after watching a Youtube video where Richard Feynman performed experiments in college with a friend and realized that Visual and Auditory systems work independently."

dnb-diagram.png

Edited by Outer