Socrates

Resources for E-commerce/SEO/SMM/Affiliate Marketing

10 posts in this topic

Hey people, I need your help. This is a thread we can all post some good resources about basic business stuff like E-commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Social media Marketing, Affiliate marketing etc and help each other out with our business/LP.

This thread will be great for aspiring entrepreneurs that keep saying they can't find their LP but the sit at home and do nothing and even experienced ones that may get some good ideas. 

Post your best resources for those subjects or write your own experience.

For Shopify and e-commerce, a channel named Wholesale Ted is solid. She explains everything in an easy to understand way.

Be very careful with YouTube and courses though. It is filled with bullshit artists who just want to sell their stupid course.

For general marketing advice I used to listen to old Dan Kennedy tapes. He talks about direct mail marketing but the psychology behind it always applies.

5 minutes ago, Butters said:

For general marketing advice I used to listen to old Dan Kennedy tapes. He talks about direct mail marketing but the psychology behind it always applies.

Yeah. To be honest, if anyone hypes for direct outreach tactics, it is a super good sign. Immediate green flag. 

1x1 sales and direct outreach are training very fundamental skills in you for business.

It's pretty much the same as a cold approach in dating/intimate relationships. If you master cold approach, you can get pretty much any type of women you want. Same for direct sales and business.

Best Marketing Books of All Time:

- Breakthrough Advertising - Eugene Schwartz (Out of print, you can find it for $300+ on Amazon and for $125 if you do your research)

- The Boron Letters - Gary Halbert

- Scientific Advertising - Claude Hopkins

- Cashvertising, 100 Secrets of Agency Psychology

- Tested Advertising Methods - Jhon Caples (Out of print, it's actually right this moment on Amazon at $1k lol)

- Ogilvy on Advertising - David Ogilvy

- The Advertising Solution - Craig Simpson with Brian Kurtz

Russell Brunson Books:

1. Dotcom Secrets

2. Expert Secrets

3. Traffic Secrets

Bonus: All Marketers Are Liars - Seth Godin

Edited by jerrypua

During my life purpose researching and developing skills, I found out a significant lack of knowledge how to attract attention and to sell my products.

During research, I found out some online marketing course. Days ago, I bought thesixfigurementors, at this moment I have mixed thoughts about this course.

There absolutely is some useful content, but soooo many words…..

Do you have any experience whit this program? Or other similar programs?

The whole "online business" space is full of scammers, so it's important to learn to recognize it right away.

It should be a huge red flag if someone's only business is selling courses telling you how to get rich. Ideally they have an example of a REAL BUSINESS they've run with results and proof. Everyone can't get into the "get rich quick" space and most of the time it's not much better than an MLM.

There are some really good courses out there that are worth the money. But a lot of them are crap too. Do your research.

Even people like Neil Patel are iffy for me. Too much time spent on backlinks and "hacks" instead of just focusing on creating great content and genuinely trying to help people.

You have to do something different that actually creates value in the world. If it's easy, tons of people are already doing it. There are too many people buying stuff from Alibaba and selling on Shopify or pumping out low-quality ebooks or affiliate sites for you to have a good chance at making six-figures.

9 hours ago, Yarco said:

There are some really good courses out there that are worth the money. But a lot of them are crap too. Do your research.

Do you have any suggestions for a good course, in accordance with your opinion?