Key Elements

Question: what do you think is the biggest lesson in life?

15 posts in this topic

Let's dig into this. :)

For a long while, I thought it's work. On second thought, I'm thinking it's patience. Yes, do the work, but you got to have patience to keep moving forward. It's the ability to move on no matter what happens. 

Please feel free to share thoughts. There's no right or wrong answers.

I think it's the combination, but if I would have to be specific... I grew the most through meditation, contemplation, yoga, cold showers, nofap, productive conversations... is that what you mean by work @Key Elements ? :) Obviously, you have to be patient to get any progress out of these things... I haven't really worked like in a job yet, so I cannot say how many lessons does that give you... 

That what you want and what you need, are more than often total opposite.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Funny enough some hours ago I watched a video on various interesting quotes about life, and one said: 

"Everything I have learned about life can be summed up in three words: 
            - it goes on."

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Without a doubt, it's to realize you know nothing.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

7 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

I think it's the combination, but if I would have to be specific... I grew the most through meditation, contemplation, yoga, cold showers, nofap, productive conversations... is that what you mean by work @Key Elements ? :) Obviously, you have to be patient to get any progress out of these things... I haven't really worked like in a job yet, so I cannot say how many lessons does that give you... 

What I mean is, if you know your own direction in life, have the patience to go through it. It's a process of twists and turns. Sometimes unexpected things happen that you don't like. That's ok. Solve and move on, or just let it go and do something else.

It's like learning to ride a bike or learning ballet. You're going to fall a lot before it actually flows. Those are obvious. Some other things are not. For example, you picked a major at your university, and you don't know how to make use of your major once you graduated from it. You feel "hopeless." Well, it's only a matter of exploring and discovering. Maybe you found a completely new direction and felt that your major was "useless." Nope, that's a step forward. Now you know whether or not you want a masters degree at this moment. 

@Key Elements That makes a lot of sense... Do you have any techniques on how to recognize an actual lack of meaning and passion for the subject from an ego distraction? I am almost certain, that I don't enjoy mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology... you get the idea. So I said to myself, that I will probably study something like psychology, but this idea now also feels kind of purposeless, when I can see all this spiritual stuff, it's much more meaningful to me, but at the same time, it feels like running away.

57 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Key Elements That makes a lot of sense... Do you have any techniques on how to recognize an actual lack of meaning and passion for the subject from an ego distraction? I am almost certain, that I don't enjoy mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology... you get the idea. So I said to myself, that I will probably study something like psychology, but this idea now also feels kind of purposeless, when I can see all this spiritual stuff, it's much more meaningful to me, but at the same time, it feels like running away.

See, I agree that we don't really have a "purpose" for doing anything. True. However, there's always that paradox. You know, "there's always two sides to the same coin." Well, what is the paradox? It is, no one wants to suffer. That's why you hear about earth being a place to learn "to love (realm)" in spirituality and all the major religions. It's also true when you have the deepest awakening. There is a "love" aspect to it.

With that said, ask yourself, how do you want to contribute to yourself so that you will be able to finally contribute to others? Learn to love yourself first.

If you didn't have to go to a university right now or even pick a major, what would you be doing NOW? :) Narrow it down. My answer would just be sitting at home and writing a foreign language. I love writing. It goes with the flow for me. I had to discover that for myself. It's a process. That's why I'm a bilingual teacher. Of course, take care of my health. That's #1. Do you find yourself doing something that you like during the day? That could be a major clue. You could transform that into something marketable, and then find your major.

@Key Elements  I understand :) I am 3 years away from going to college, so there's plenty of time... but still, it will fade away before I can even notice it. Right now, I am focusing on my mental and spiritual health and embodying it. (getting better at expressing myself, trying to listen more etc...) It is going well :) 

My physical health is obviously important, but I don't want to try changing my diet too radically, because it has caused me problems in the past, I just lack knowledge, so I am trying to get rid of the obvious stuff at least, not overeat... I will surely get back to it.

At the moment, I don't have any hobbies, that I am like super passionate about... I am kinding looking for myself in this area. I often tell myself, that I want to be a teacher, BUT I am not sure, if this isn't just a deception. My grandpa and my mum are both teachers, so there's this concern that I am just copying them or there's this other thing, that my ego just wants to talk instead of listening, you know what I mean, it has happened to me before, almost became a zen devil cult leader basically :D (thanks God that I've figured it out early enough)

Otherwise, I also love languages, I speak many, but I had a problem before, where I was just trying to become a polyglot, who knows as many languages as possible... Just egotistical motivation. I think that I know how to „teach“ languages (you cannot really teach them to anyone I would say), I would probably be very good at it, but still, I don't know what to trust and the decision is still far away.

Maybe I can try offering some of my friends a free lessons? :) That would totally be possible actually.

@bejapuskas yes, try different things, but ultimately, it has to come from you.

Are you doing something that you already enjoy, but don't notice it?

I loved writing and art since I was a little kid. I just didn't know how to make this marketable, and use this as a tool to teach anything.

@Key Elements I will definitely look for that :) Is there any indicator that you use to recognize, whether it actually comes from you?

@bejapuskas I noticed myself doing this ever since early childhood.

In 5th grade, during the summer, I was at my cousin's house. He had a really big house with a big backyard. I just let myself free and ran across the grass (chasing wild baby bunnies sometimes). That was a turning point in my life because my memories always go back to that point to reflect on it. I just decided to let myself play freely! When I did this, most of the time I was creating all kinds of things with legos and clay (playdoh). I wrote a lot too. No one was forcing me to do this. I went into my cousin's treasure chest often to get out this colorful book just because I liked the artistic cover--kept holding it. Finally, my cousin went out to buy it and got it for me as a gift.

**Look at the key words.**

@Key Elements I see now :) Thanks so much for reminding this to me, I used to be just like that, I would draw dozens of pictures everyday when I was like 3 years old, my parents didn't even have to take care for me at that time, because I was just so passionate and they would always find me at my table... Maybe this it the answer to the question: „How do these kids die?“ - they are forced to.

@bejapuskas You're welcome. 

Before it could even turn into a flow, whatever you're doing, it requires practice. And, that takes a lot of patience. It never happens overnight. Sometimes you think it didn't work out, but no, you just have to adjust to it.

"When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep."

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.