kieranperez

Cult Example: Nithyananda

8 posts in this topic

http://www.nithyananda.org/#gsc.tab=0

If this guy doesn’t smell like a cult leader, I don’t know what does. Seems like an enlightened as fuck Zen Devil. 

Notice how and the way this guys followers deny everything and all accusations for all of the sex scandals this leader has and for delivering false siddhis and so on. 

@kieranperez Not enlightened. Just siddhis and crazy energies. Energy of dude is horrible. Evident by his facial expressions, and eyes.

@Arhattobe that’s a projection on your end. This whole “you can tell how enlightened someone is by looking into their eyes and their energy” is just bullshit. I’ve met plenty of enlightened people who are normal looking people. I met Adyashanti in person 2 weeks ago and gave the dude a hug and had a brief conversation. This whole you can see his energy through a video is just nonsense. 

I can’t see it therefor it doesn’t exist. Great thinking 

@rounder Saw him a couple weeks ago at his XMas intensive in Palo Alto (I live in SF so that was convenient). Talked to him and got "an enlightened hug" :P 

On 1/9/2019 at 0:28 AM, kieranperez said:

@Arhattobe that’s a projection on your end. This whole “you can tell how enlightened someone is by looking into their eyes and their energy” is just bullshit. I’ve met plenty of enlightened people who are normal looking people. I met Adyashanti in person 2 weeks ago and gave the dude a hug and had a brief conversation. This whole you can see his energy through a video is just nonsense. 

I disagree with this statement. I agree that it's not as though you can classify people as enlightened/unenlightened on this basis, however people that are more conscious have a very different "feel". I think this is reflected in body posture, they tend to have relaxed faces and rather bright eyes.

I agree that your example of a cult is valid though. This particular guy's teachings are so vague and confusing its terrible, and I very thoroughly get the sense he's trying to sell me something.

I think it's a great example. Nithyananda is enlightened no doubt. Just check out his book Living Enlightenment, don't even read it just look at the table of content (you can download the book for free). He obviously has valid insights into the true nature of reality and  he has built an organization around that. But something fucky is clearly going on there since his followers are so defensive and worshiping him like a incarnation of God.

This girl Kundalini Yogini is his follower and she also has some valid stuff to say, but there is also a lot of new age bullshit mixed in I would say. She claims she manifested heaps of money out of nothing (like it literally just appears in her bank account) and that swami ji is writing her collage exams for her, she just writes his name on the back and she gets 100%. I'm not even denying that stuff is true, but it looks like this swami dude is using his powers to attract followers and make them worship him.

People benefit a lot from this dude, but they worship him too much and that will probably bite them in the ass in the future.

No way that dude in the OP video is enlightened though lol, he's deluded as fuck.

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

yes. When i just discovered New Age form spirit science, i got sucked into the nithyananda. I used to watch some of his talks and A LOT of his followers youtube channels. Notice how there are so many of them? whats up with that? He probably nows youtube is a huge  and good advertising platform. Maybe even suggests people to have youtube channel. Even an old lady that lives nearby me has a youtube channel. Even the vegan restaurant i used to eat at had flyers of him up. Back when i was way more naive than i am now, i got lured in by all the wonderful "powers" you can achieve if you follow his stuff. All the glamourous stuff you'll recieve. All the pretty crystals they'll gift you if you attend his ashram that have magical prophencies contained in them. You'll learn the only "right" way to do Yoga and only he knows it because he is the "Avatar" and got sent special codes and downloads from past masters. (of course this yoga includes rules that you have to wear a necklace with his face on it and constantly visualize his face while repeated mantra non stop)

Im lucky i somehow was able to see the decievement he was doing. I slowly noticed that all of his follower's youtube channel's (like Sarah Stephanie Landry) would leave horrible hate comments when someone would have a different opinion (including you should never procreate and go kill yourself...like wtf). Then all the constant focusing on his face and only his was a major red flag to me. After i read/heard about that i immediately unscubcribed from his email list(yes...i was stupid enough to sign up for his emails) i still kept getting them. I marked them as spam and reported them, and they kept sending them from different emails. Also they have an obbsession with attacking other people who preach similar new age ideas  (like law of attraction) and say that that was invented by him and everyone ese plagarized and so they massively dislike/downvote/leave negative reviews on different teacher's platform. 

So sad that people actually get completely brainwashed into this and believe every word he says.