MisterMan

UNspirituality

33 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

@Emanyalpsid Getting hit in the head with a baseball bat does not disprove that there is no fundamental source of everything. You get too caught up with linguistics and don't see the pointers.

It doesn't, but it can prove that consciousness is not it. I see very clearly where Leo is pointing at, I don't get why you think that I get caught up with linguistics?

Leo has already said he is full of shit. It's why he says to not believe him blindly. But he has also said not everyone is equally full of shit. You can't do anything with the everyone is full of shit insight unless you become good at measuring it in others and in yourself.

So Leo is less full of shit, the same thing in different words.

He just encourages people to keep validating and verifying before letting the ego take over and assume you've got it all figured out. Also the more you progress you can see the mistakes of those who haven't progressed as far. How? Because you used to be in the exact same spot.

When you get the holistic view you can also see where other people are, even if you were not there yourself. Quite entertaining, but compassion always takes over.

On the topic of psychedelics seeing the nervous system as a filter and psychedelics altering that filter seems to be a good way of seeing it. What you experience is what is actually happening.  The internal and external world aren't as separate as people think 

It is not only a filter, if there is no energy in the brain there seems to be no consciousness. Indeed a brain in overdrive is also an imagination in overdrive, hence the pretty visuals. Actually there is no seperation at all, it is only there when you think there is a seperation.

First there was your environment and then came your thoughts. This means that input from your environment created your thoughts, you didn’t create your environment through your thoughts. So the first thought is always something you experience. Cause what would you think about if you never had input from the senses? However, you can consciously elaborate on thoughts, as we have the ability to remember words we hear or read and put them in a logical order by asking yourself; ‘why you think something,’ for example. This is our thinking ability.

You use words, through thought, which already existed in your environment, as you have read or heard them somewhere. If you make new words, you use letters from an existing alphabet. If you make a new alphabet, you use your imagination to make a variation on an existing alphabet. Through our imagination we can imagine things we derive from our perception of our environment; for example, a unicorn. Your imagination can take you anywhere as images can be derived from images instead of from something out of the objective reality. 

Nature proves our conditioned state in every aspect, only through wishful thinking and imagination we try to escape from this. Once you realize this, the best way of living seems to be the one which is in balance with nature, meaning a natural way of living. That is why the buddha taught that the middle way is enlightenment. If you live out of balance with nature, nature will cause suffering. Sensual indulgence will lead to craving and self-mortification will cause pain or harm. It is not about not having thoughts. Thoughts are very helpful in a practical sense, however, if you are going to doubt your feelings, nature or reality you can end up anywhere, but it is not going to be enlightenment, as you will not be in balance with nature. It may look like enlightenment at first, but nature is going to set you straight eventually.

If you can see the relation between the effects of nature and your position towards it, depends on your knowledge or insight. A burn-out, fatigue, depression, frustration, and other mental discomforts indicate a disbalance between your position towards nature and nature itself. A lot of people do not see the relation between diseases and their nutrition, some may take decennia to develop like arthrose, seizures, heart attacks, cerebral infractions, MS, diabetes, and so on, because they fail knowledge. (source; 'Unsere nahrung unser schiksal' (English; Our nutrition, our destiny) Dr. Bruker) Can strongly recommend that book if you are interested in health and are able to read German.

The human body is a magnificent creation, it has feelings and emotions to show us what is right and wrong. Only through our will, doubt and inattention we deviate from it. Western society deviated a lot from it, but nature is setting us straight now.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

I appreciate that he is trying to wake up people from the trance and from the bozos.

@Emanyalpsid The confusion is quite simple. It has to do with the word consciousness. You do know a single word can hold multiple meanings yeah? In spirituality this points to the fundamental substance of everything. But you still interpret it in the traditional sense localized to the human bodys functions. 

In spirituality consciousness was there even before life even formed. So the end of consciousness in relation to humans or life in general really has no bearing here. We are made out of and created by consciousness. And when we as egos die consciousness will continue to manifest itself.

Consider reality the creation of a bigger infinite mind on the same way you can generate people living their lives in their head convinced of their reality. You are really no different.

Edited by Shadowraix

@Shadowraix Okay that is confusing, so it is what we call reality?

What do you call the experience when an impulse from out of your body touches a sense organ?

Edited by Emanyalpsid

Unfortunately when I encountered one of this guy's videos I reacted hastily and wrote a comment that wasn't entirely thought-out and probably did a bit of a disservice to Leo's teachings. That's something I very seldom do - I am usually rather meticulous about the way I choose my words. But there was something about the bravado nature of the guy's ignorance that triggered me in the moment and drove me to immediately try to call it as I saw it. And I know my comment lacked the depth of articulation that should have been there.

In any case, I don't think the guy himself would have listened, whatever I'd said. I think he does what he does as a form of self-deception. You can tell by the way he presents his arguments and even by the way he responds to criticism. I don't know his whole backstory, but the little I do know leads me to believe that he stumbled on his own spiritual path so many times that he felt betrayed by his own spiritual teachers and became bitter at spiritual teaching itself. He now spends a lot of time and effort trying to debunk spiritual teachers. He's convinced himself of this 'unspiritual' ideology and made it his whole identity - to the point of making YouTube videos to present to the world. He's actually convinced himself that he's helping people by doing this, but all of it is an ego construction built in order to dwell in the facade that 'there is nothing more to pursue'.

This is my take on it. But who cares what my opinions are about him, really... I don't know him and I could be wrong. It's not meant to be a scathing criticism of him - just my analysis, for what that's worth.

Sometimes I get angry when I watch him then I rememeber to practice uncontional love so I just laugh and see the beauty

On 1/13/2019 at 6:55 AM, Emanyalpsid said:

@Shadowraix Okay that is confusing, so it is what we call reality?

What do you call the experience when an impulse from out of your body touches a sense organ?

In the bigger picture that too is just a manifestation of consciousness. Formless taking form. 

We can still use the word consciousness in relation to the human mind. Context is key here! In this work all the words that are used are really approximations. When you discover consciousness as reality people have said many words for it. Void, God, Dao etc. Personal preference here. At the end of the day it all points to the same thing. Whatever this reality truly is. 

I never saw your reply but since there was a bump figure I'd respond in case you see it. 

On 1/7/2019 at 11:54 PM, Leo Gura said:

When someone calls himself "unspiritual", what more do you need to know? ;)

This is pretty superficially and hand-waivingly dismissive Leo, no?  Watch your own biases too.  We all have biases and we need to become mindful of them.  Stay open.  I've learned a lot from Zzenn, but I also disagree with him too.  I know where we agree and where we disagree because I've opened myself up to listening.  You need to open yourself up to teachers you don't like.  I say this with love Leo.  Zzenn is a good teacher, you can learn things from him.  I took a lot of takeaway from him.  But we disagree too on many things.  But that's to be expected.  We all agree and disagree.  You need to accept that.  That's plurality and diversity.  You gotta value that.  That takes work.  That's work on Openness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

@Joseph Maynor Nice to see you back. (: 

You too bro.  Message me anytime.  Respect.  I enjoy your energy, thoughtfulness, and openness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

it's when you totaly lost your mind after having focused so hard on it, that you kind of get the shocking electric truth.

but I m still having the ego trying to fix me to the ideas of an identity:ideas and others bs to makes sense of my own nothingness.

All this to say, spirituality and enlightment is not mere philosophy, it's an erazing of the OS of the brain, where most "materialist" tend to add software or hardware. Stacking shit on each others ( as I did for years ).

the change is not material, the change could be seen as like surviving from a gun shot at 1 meter of the head.

if you don't feel it, this means there is no awakening, only a pile of new delusion stacked. True awakening, you know you could have go straight to mental hospital, if you didn't experienced this kind of threat on your ego. Not an awakening. - to my experience and what I've read extensively.

true enlightment, what leo didn't truly said, is not about "reducing suffering" like a magic pills.

it's about provoking a shift in consciousness ( with violence ) but this violence allow "love".

of course it needs concepts to road in the maze ( what leo provided very well, and should be thanked for, what most esoteric chart try to point to aswell )

I fully awake after multiple dosage of 5Ht2A activated for a month, then BIG dark night of the soul.

I tend to go violent, then tender when it comes to know thyself and the law of reality, at first it sounds like a childish play with words.

You cannot understand this work if you just lack of the first thing, "being open minded about people views", and having a quest for understanding reality itself.

This month I'm killing completely the thought identity remaining, will work on my "being"/kill my infinite boredom and met my higher purpose.

here what we do as a metaphor is purging the entire OS.

Unspirituality is just a belief, maybe spirituality is aswell a belief, ho what, everything is ? what is a belief ?

All words are mainly belief, symbols, we all can only know "truth" when we see it and get it for thyself.

You don't need psychedelics, but in our fixed mind society, they are a good way to radical work on your openness to "esoteric ideas/spirituality".

Edited by Aeris