Damir Elezi

How Important Is Sports For Personal Development?

7 posts in this topic

Of course I recognize that fitness and health is important for personal development, as it provides the physical well-being which is essential to mental and spiritual growth. But what role does sports play exactly? I used to think of it as something that simply has to be done in order to stay healthy, so I try to go to the gym, run or work out at home regularly. But is dedicating yourself to a particular sport an important tool for the actualization work itself? What are your opinions on that?

It is as important as you think it is. Really depends on what you think about it and how you believe it will affect you.

I would say multiple ways:

Sports helps you to relieve stress and tension which may be obstructing you in your creative work

By creating a gym routing you teach yourself persistence and discipline

During my Master's I found it helped me to study and memorise when I did some sports after hours of study and was able to study some more afterwards

It teaches you the mentality, state of mind that people who do sports have. To eat healthy, to treat your body well to avoid bad habits like smoking.  All this in the end helps you in your personal development. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

getting good at a sport, you can take that same mindset to any other area in you´re life.

it takes a lot of practice, persistence and patience to get good at something. Good at sport = result maker

of course there are a lot of sport guys that are not good at anything else, but if they are able to find an other area which they are interested they can bring the sport mindset there.

If you master one thing, you can master anything, because the mastery template is the same no matter what you´re doing.

For me, physical training is one of the core essences of personal development. It's about growing and improving your current condition and includes almost every aspect of it.

You need

• Discipline to make yourself train.
  • Motivation to push off immediate gratification and focus on the longevity benefits.
  • Strength and willpower to push yourself and get better.
  • Mental toughness, perseverence, grit to keep making progress.
  • Humility and humbleness to workout properly without overtraining or letting your ego get in your way
  • Dedication to commit yourself to the path of mastery and maintain a beginner's mindset.

Being able to overcome the discomfort of physical training will dictate your overall success in life. Of course, it's not one thing or the other, but it will definitely positively influence everything you do.

For me, physical training is about achieving mastery over my body so that I could then improve my health, strength and increase my longevity. 

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

You can't see the body and the mind as seperate from eachother. The body IS the mind. One is the reflection of the other and vice versa.  A strong disciplined mind will reflect strong muscles. But it works the other way too. If there is something wrong with the body, like pain or inflamation, it will reflect on your mind, mood etc.

Been riding my full suspension rocky mountain MTB at high speeds for my excitement , 60 mph on a gravel hill produces a lot of adrenaline and is absolutely dangerous but worth the risk imo.

Also ride the mtb all over the city as well jumping curbs along the way you would never know I'm 51 years old..lol

Last year lost 40 lbs of bulk and am now going to build myself up with muscle , this weak started lifting weights and doing a pretty fierce ab routine to get things rolling.

The golden plan is to build my Mind and Body at the same time.

Edited by Beam