Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huz

Would An Enlightened Person Be Able To Run A Marathon

7 posts in this topic

If someone realised his true nature, do you guys think he would be able to run a marathon (without training) and be comfortable with it. Or put himself through any physical hardship, like training for SAS for example

Edited by Huz88

Not every realised being has supernatural powers. Not every being with supernatural powers is realised.

If you are interested in running you could check out Sakyong Mipham (son of Chogyam Trungpa) who afaik loves running.

But I was just thinking that if he did do it, that he would be content and mindful with the physical pain and be fine with it. As its the present moment as perfect as it is. Like Leo said Peter Ralston got a root canal without painkillers. Which to me at this moment looks supernatural haha

Tolerating pain is one thing. Causing actual physical damage to your body from overworking it is another. An enlightened person (or any sane person really) would not do this.

43 minutes ago, Neill said:

Tolerating pain is one thing. Causing actual physical damage to your body from overworking it is another. An enlightened person (or any sane person really) would not do this.

Unless it's written in the stars, ay?

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

2 hours ago, Huz88 said:

If someone realised his true nature, do you guys think he would be able to run a marathon (without training) and be comfortable with it. Or put himself through any physical hardship, like training for SAS for example

@Huz88 It didn't stop Forrest Gump...........TomHanks-Red-Hat.jpg.8d5e66b553a744a0763.

TomHanks-Red-Hat.jpg

Physically you would probably collapse or your legs would give out before you made 26.2 miles. But I guess you'd be ok with it either way. :) Supposedly the human body can do around 20 miles or something like that pretty easily, the last 6 are what get most people especially if they haven't trained.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost