Mezanti

am i tricking myself into being Yellow?

6 posts in this topic

Im gonna get to the heart of this story,It feels as if though i've gone through stages Orange & Green within a 2 year period. So i feel as if though, i didn't progress through them properly. I was never an orange egotist, But i have some core Orange values, like the want for success, wealth and looking sexy ;) , but that's literally about it, I value money, but only as a resource to afford projects to help create a more efficient world. I was never a  green vegan or social justice warrior but deeply understand and value greens concern for all life and the planet, I also value human connection and finding fulfillment through relationships and friendships, but then again i've experienced deep connections with people, but i think of it to be purposeless other than for the reason of feeling secure and fulfilling that survival mechanism within you to feel connected to the tribe. 

I really feel alone, i understand the people around me but really can't partake in any of their traditions, or rituals, it feels incongruent.

I think i've Leaped through Orange and Green, and gotten the main lessons from the both, but never got to go fully into them then transcend them.

Am i really in Yellow? I have many doubts, I don't think I would have the same mindset i have now if i had gone through the stages fully. 

Im currently reading the official  Spiral Dynamics book, to help me tackle this issue. 

Let me know your opinions.

So much of what you wrote resonates with me. I think you and I are both orange+yellow. I think we both need to integrate the healthy aspects of green.

@Mezanti

Does it matter to you what your color is? It's just a map. You are the territory. You know better.

I read your post and I've been there, I would say lose your mind a little bit, feel your body and emotions a little bit more, talk to strangers and try to enjoy it (it really is enjoyable and easy to have fun), give more attention to your breathing, do some charity work (not necessarily the traditional charity, but you know, help others who are in need), lose your agenda when you're not at work, have some pet, etc..

Maybe more importantly, go out in nature for prolonged periods of time. It'll give you exactly what you need.

Good luck.

building off of what @Truth Addict I would probably aim for just questioning the current beliefs you've already said. I don't think you really need to know where you are on the map to neccesarily know where you need to go (for spiral dynamics not in real life.) its only purpose is to grow.

Some part of you is probably Yellow. There are many developmental lines in Spiral Dynamics. Emotionally, you might be green. Intellectually, you might be Yellow. In personal relationships, you might be Orange. Your career might be Red.

Edited by CreamCat