clouffy

Spritual videos as a positive form of procrastination

8 posts in this topic

I listen and watch sadhguru, eckhart and leo sometimes as a form of procrastination, or when i feel like my life problems are getting so grandiose that i find spirituality is the only key to solving these issues. it's like a good kind of procrasitination that sometimes offer me great insights, and sometimes when i procrastinate enough (by listening to their teachings), i muster up enough courage and face the world again and put those theories into action. lately i've been quite depressed and out of shape mentally, but i do find comfort in hearing "spiritual talks". I somehow have a vision that "at least i procrastinate on actualised.org videos, or sadhguru videos, or eckhart audio books" and not on some cat videos/ social media people fall back to. maybe it's my spiritual ego speaking, where i view spirtual vids as a higher form of procrastination,

but sometimes i do feel like this procrastination is getting me somewhere. haha.

thoughts?

Obviously

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yea its okay...at least you know what your doing and its a healthy form of procrastination

There are pros and cons to everything.  The pros are you're being a sponge and learning and assimilating and growing.  The cons are you start to think you're working when all you're doing is watching a bunch of videos.  What you wanna do is maximize the pros and minimize the cons of watching the videos.  Go ahead and write out a list of pros and cons of watching the videos.  This would be a really useful quick exercise for you to do.  You might surprise yourself with what you write down.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

"You can think your way into right thinking, but you can't think your way into right action."

-- Bill Wilson

@Leo Gura

is this the "things going full circle" again? i procrastinate on spiritual materials so much that it swings me back into action? what a pendulum. 

so should i criticise myself for procrastinating like this? i have a high vision but right now i feel stuck

Edited by clouffy

@Gabriel Antonio actually i think right action is reinforced by right thoughts. it's more like thoughts is a scaffolding for consciousness, which is the basis for physical action. 

and procrastination is an action too, isn't it? even if the body is not moving, the cells and our oragans are still operating non-stop...what do you think?

Indeed. Once you have a solid understanding of the spiritual heart and yourself as consciousness, that you are the world and the world is perfect, drop everything and just practice. Express your love and light, be it. You will know when your understanding is solid. It will be obvious.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️