Thittato

My meditation journal

1,365 posts in this topic

Yesterday: Only a cold shower.

Today: 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing and a cold shower.

Gosh, those cold showers are actually more demanding than ice-bathing.

19th winter-bath this season

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing, and an ice-bath down at the sea, this morning. So nice. This gives me such a reboot, mentally and emotionally. Whatever I get caught up in, it is like it gets washed out, and I return back to freshness and clearity.

10 min of weight-lifting this morning, and then a cold shower. So nice :-D

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing, 10 kettlebell snatches on each hand with a 20 kg kettlebell, and a cold shower. I intend to continue with ice-bathing, but it was nice to get some juice back on my cold showers again as well.

20th winter-bath this season

So this day has been so good. After last journal post I went for a drum-circle in nature in an island you can access via a bridge from town. 10-12 people (many of them are friends) were there. First we sat inside of a bunker from the war - an old cannon-house, and we had a really cool jam insida of that thing. I played a lot of didgeridoo. After we were done with the drumming we made a huge bon-fire were we spent a lot of quality time around together, we also did a little bit of drumming around that fire - outiside in nature with a really beautiful view over the ocean, before the inner circle of us continued down to join the bhajan / mantra-singing at the local yoga-studio (which is also a really cool café and concert scene). The bhajan was really beautiful. Oh my gosh. Such a beautiful group of people. I feel in love with these people.

After I came home I saw a lot of cool musical stuff on youtube while I had pauses to play my own guitar. I even made a new melody that fits very well with a Shiva-mantra. Felt so nice to sing my own melody while I was playing guitar. Then I went and took an ice-bath. And that was totally awesome. And now I'm sitting here. Writing about my day. Wow.

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing, and a cold shower, this morning. So nice :-)

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing, and a cold shower, today. So nice. The cold showers are really efficient as well. They certainly gives a really good cold exposure. Not better or worse than ice-bathing, just a different approach to it that gives a different feel. It is very nice to have different tools to alternate between - it makes it easier and more fun to keep it going. Seems like I'm not going about this as intense as I did last winter, but the need for emotional healing demanded more of me last winter. Now I'm much better off, and I can more enjoy the foundation that was built last winter.

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing, 10 min of weight-lifting, and a cold shower, today. Super-nice :-)

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing today. Unfortunately I need to sleep some more now before going to work night-shift, so I won't have time for my cold-exposure, but that makes me extra glad that the breathing felt really deep and profound today.

21st winter-bath this season

Yesterday: 10 min of weight-lifting.

Today: Winter-bath down at the beach, 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing and then 10 min of weight-lifting.

Gosh. This combination is so good. I've really found the perfect little high-intensity full-body weight-lifting program for me. It is fun, sustainable, and I'm getting stronger and stronger for very little investment of time. This together with the Wim Hof method is really perfect for this winter.

Today: 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing and then a cold shower. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

22nd winter-bath this season

Wow. Haha. So I went and did a bath together with my buddy, and then we went to the local bath-house, which is right next to the beach where we do our winter-baths. Did a lot of sauna there, and had three more session in a pool of cold water they have right next to the sauna. Also did a lot of relaxation just floating around in the warm baths. Pretty nice day. Been working night-shifts the whole weekend, and my sleep has been screwed up, but now I feel well-rested and at the same time ready to sleep at normal time again. So in total 5 sessions of cold-exposure today. Didn't feel like over-kill, just really nice.

23rd winter-bath this season

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing, then a bath down at the beach, and then I went to the bath-house with my friend and did sauna and another cold bath. Both the breathing and the two baths I did today were really profound. So grateful for this method. It is very interesting to observe my friend who has PTSD fall in love with ice-bathing. He has gained a lot of hope for how this can soothe his PTSD symptoms, so it is very inspiring talking with him and reflecting on all the ways this has benefited me and seems to benefit him as well. Basically I just feel so much more grounded, robust and stable.

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing today. First day of doing some practice since last post here 6 days ago. I was catching a strong cold / possible the flu on the same day I last wrote here. I checked for corona but it wasn't. I'm wondering if I was exaggerating with the cold-exposure, or maybe I was just brewing on something regardless. So no practice for this period, except quite a lot of mantra-singing and guitar-playing even though I was sick. I needed to have something to do. Fortunately I had this week off work, so I could just relax. But it was so nice to do some Wim Hof breathing again. I'm not well enough to start with the cold-exposure again yet, but now it feels right to start with the breathing again. I think it will also strengthen me while I continue to heal. Anyways, it was nice with some down-time. It usually feels like I'm getting some emotional cleansing as a bonus for being sick. The fever is also burning emotional stuff out of the system.

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing today as well. No cold-exposure, I'm still sick, but I'm getting better. Anyways, the breathing was so good. Really cleared up the fog in my head.

3 more rounds of Wim Hof breathing today, and then I went to the bath-house just right around the corner and did sauna and cold-exposure in the cold-bath. Felt like time now. First cold-exposure since February the 9th when I got sick. Seems like I was shaking off the last few rests of this flu with the Wim Hof breathing today. Gosh. It was so nice to be back at the bath-house, and with the cold-exposure, again.

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing, 10 min weight-lifting, sauna and cold-bath, today. So nice!

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing today. Very nice. I'm staying away from cold-exposure today.

Great stuff, dude! Love the consistency from you!

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

19 hours ago, Ulax said:

Great stuff, dude! Love the consistency from you!

Thank you! :-D