Thittato

My meditation journal

1,373 posts in this topic

10 min weight-lifting, a cold shower, and then finishing up with 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing. Gosh. I really love this weight-lifting routine that I'm having. 10 min of high intensity full-body exercises. Seems like I can easily do that every day.

Fourth winter-bath this season.

So I repeated my 10 min weight-lifting routine in the evening, and felt so fired up after it that I started thinking about doing a winter-bath today as well. Today it was really fresh and awesome, and I had that urge and longing for it that I had a lot of last winter. It feels so fresh and good right now. Like my whole system has had a really nice reboot. Seems like I was just a bit hesistant to get into this again, but I'm about to find the groove and passion for it again. Didn't expect it to be like this since I've been taking cold showers for the whole year, but I guess they are a bit different after all. This is also my 16th day without cannabis, and maybe it does actually take some effort to get out of that comfortable haze. Now I feel fresh, clean, strong, confident, and passionate.

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing, and then I went outside and sat in the sun by the sea and mediated for a while. So nice. After yesterdays bath I can really start to feel that winter is giving me energy again. There was some unexpected resistance this time, but it is so nice to tune into the clearity and sharpness and stillness of the winter again.

3 more rounds of Wim Hof breathing, and then a cold shower. Hurra. I'm back on the Wim Hof vibe.... Hehe.... And the days are gradually getting lighter again, so this is a nice way of moving into the spring.

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing, 10 min of weight-lifting, and a cold shower. So glad the inspiration on the Wim Hof method is back again :-D

But the weight-lifting is the most awesome part of it right now. Holy smokes. So fun.

Fifth winter-bath this season.

Nice! So good! :-)

3 more rounds of Wim Hof breathing today before going to bed. I almost went down to the beach and did another winter-bath, but I'm glad I showed some restraint regarding this. I have already had a cold shower and a winter-bath today, so no need to become burned out already, even though I would probably have becomed very high from it, but I rather tried to cool things down with some more breathing before going to bed. I didn't expect to become so turned on by the Wim Hof method again as I had a slow start this winter, so I better just build it up gradually again.

Sixth winter-bath this season.

2 sessions of 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing, yesterday, but no cold-exposure.

And today again, I did my sixth winter-bath for this season, and altogether 2 sessions of 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing - first early in the day and now just right after my bath.

The bath today was so magical. This is obviously something one has to climatize to again, even though I have taken cold showers the whole year, but today, wow, it was really something. I was really getting back to that sense of deep relaxation while in the water (and not just afterwards), and I was turning my attention to all the nature surrounding me. The forces of nature felt really beautiful. It was a really intense sense of relaxation and power at the same time. I didn't hurry to put my clothes back on again afterwards, but I really took my time and did it very mindfully and relaxed. When I was walking home I felt like a hero. Ganesha Warrior Power was exploding in my heart. This is really powerful shit. So grateful I re-discovered it this winter <3

Seventh winter-bath this season

3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing, and then I went down to the beach and did my bath. Wow. So nice again today. It just feels so fresh and healthy. My mind goes completely still and I just feel like my whole system gets a re-start. Every bath now I see that I'm getting more and more climatized to it again. Like more and more really enjoying the cold and feeling at home being in the water. So grateful.

Eight winter-bath this season.

Went down to beach and did my bath, came home and did 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing and 10 min of weight-lifting, and then I took a warm shower. So sweet. The nice thing about the Wim Hof method this winter is that I have very few traces left of my previous bi-polar tendencies, so I don't get all manic about the effect it gives me. It feels more balanced. Just something that makes me feel refreshed, healthy, and in balance.

Ninth and tenth winter-bath this season.

Early in the evening I did a bath down at the beach together with a friend who wants to take up winter-bathing again. It was so fun being the two of us. He is one of my closest friends, and it was really awesome to share with him that fire that our session ignited. Later at night I felt like meditating so I meditated for 30 min in silence sitting in half-lotus, and after that I did 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing. Then I went and did my second bath for the day. That was beyond awesome. Immediately after the bath I did two yoga-poses and sat in meditation for a few minutes before dressing. That was really something. Like really soaking in the effect and becoming totally relaxed and surrendered into the situation before calmly taking the clothes back on. And then I came home and took a good and long warm shower. So awesome.

11th winter-bath this season

So I took a bath again with my friend who joined me yesterday. He seems really intent on this. I'm very impressed by his attitude. It is really nice to experience community while in the water together. When I came home I took a warm shower and then I did 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing. So nice.

12th winter-bath this season

No practice yesterday. Today: 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing and a bath down at the beach. It was extra nice this time. Almost didn't want to get out of the water. My mind was getting so still. Seems like I'm much better conditioned for this this year because I've been cold showering for a year. I was surprised I met such a resistance in myself for starting up again this year since I thought cold showering for a year would make it a lot different this winter than last, but now that I have been getting back into the groove it seems like the cold showers has had a great effect after all. It is like it doesn't really cost me anything at all to go and do a cold plunge. And I don't feel like I need any restitution afterwards. So awesome.

13th winter-bath this season

3rd bath with my friend. He is in deep shit love trouble. Hehe. It will be interesting to see if this is something that can help him.

For me - the water almost doesn't feel cold anymore. It is pretty crazy. The whole thing is more and more just a sensation that I find very pleasant. I almost didn't start to breathe heavy today either, but a little bit of heavy breathing, but somehow I hope that doesn't go away. I crave that sensation of shock when I first enter the water. It is so nice to just relax into the heavy breathing.

14th winter-bath this season

10 min weight-lifting, ice-bath, and then 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing. So nice. 4th time my friend is joining. He is getting addicted it seems like. So nice to just power through the winter like this.

15th winter-bath this season

Just came home from my second bath today. So nice :-)

10 min weight-lifting, 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing, and a cold shower, this morning. Sweet :-)

16th winter-bath this season.

10 min weight-lifting, a bath down by the sea, and then 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing. So nice :-)

17th winter-bath this season

What a day! Lots of practice today. And lots of music. Started the day with 3 rounds of Wim Hof breathing and 10 min of weight-lifting. Then a friend came and visited me and we had a jam-sessions together on drums. Went for a walk in the forest after that and found a nice spot where I sat down and meditated for 20 min. Then I went and had a coffee with another friend and we also had a drum-session together. Came home and played more drums while I was playing Krishna Das kirtans on youtube, which lead into playing guitar and singing mantras. And then I did 30 min of yoga and went and did my bath down at the sea. Been playing a lot of guitar lately. Often several hours per day. So it was really nice to do some yoga again to balance out some of the tensions that I've been collecting because of that. I think more yoga will certainly bring more flow and confidence to my guitar-playing. Anyways, the ice-bath at the end of this long session of really cool flow was just totally awesome. So fresh and invigorating. And if my creative processes can sometimes make me a little bit too hyper and ungrounded, wow, ice-bathing can certainly calm me down again.

18th winter-bath this season

Haha. Soooo gooood. This is the strongest medicine I've found so far <3