Anton Rogachevski

Student vs Master

23 posts in this topic

Could it be that the student is actually the master, and the master a student?

I came across such a thought today after a meeting with a trainee. I've been coaching him for a couple of months now, and now I'm starting to see that he's a greater man than me.

I have actually ended up learning by trying to "teach" him, but the only difference is, that I'm experienced with some so called 'spiritual knowledge', and he's not at all, still he shows amazing personality traits such as humility, good-heartedness, care for humanity, compassion, he knows how to enjoy life and has great hobbies, good at being a friend.

From the start I was very cautious with the nature of our work, stating that I'm not a teacher, and that we are working equally towards the same goal. But now I actually see that. Amazing!

Who teaches who? 

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

life teaches everyone. there are lessons to be learned. Some learn earlier than others.

It's experiences that teach you. Being concious, accept and learn is your task.

28 minutes ago, Bluff said:

life teaches everyone. there are lessons to be learned. Some learn earlier than others.

It's experiences that teach you. Being concious, accept and learn is your task.

Are you still trying to teach? Prepare for many lessons. The teacher is the student.

57 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Are you still trying to teach? Prepare for many lessons. The teacher is the student.

The person is teacher and student. Are we talking about Knowledge or Truth? 

27 minutes ago, Bluff said:

The person is teacher and student.

Then is life the teacher or the person? please decide.

Knowledge is the only thing a teacher can teach, but it's best to always be a student, and never a teacher to avoid delusion and pride. One can claim to know many things simply because he memorised them, but to claim wisdom is foolish, you would miss many lessons that way. Deep un-knowing is the key to true wisdom.

*busts out non dual cop outs*

“Teacher, Student, Teaching, lesson. All are concepts.”

? *proceeds to pat himself on the back*

“Wait up.... ? himself?.....

There is no self”

?

”I so understand.... we’ll its beyond understanding.... you know.... I’m deep”

Edited by Arhattobe

Just now, Arhattobe said:

*bust out non dual cop outs*

Teacher, Student, Teaching, lesson. All are concepts. 

? *proceeds to pat himself on the back*

Wait up himself? There is no self 

?

You are a concept, I'm a concept let's stop using non-dual concepts as an excuse to stop contemplating. If you don't exist stop posting and leave this forum, let us not-exist in peace.

1 hour ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Then is life the teacher or the person? please decide.

Knowledge is the only thing a teacher can teach, but it's best to always be a student, and never a teacher to avoid delusion and pride. One can claim to know many things simply because he memorised them, but to claim wisdom is foolish, you would miss many lessons that way. Deep un-knowing is the key to true wisdom.

wtf is the point of this thread?

you ask a material question and want to explain it metaphysicly?

everyone is a teacher and a student, that's the material thing.

if, as you say it's best everyone should be a student. There would be nothing to study because no teacher exists :D

14 minutes ago, Bluff said:

if, as you say it's best everyone should be a student. There would be nothing to study because no teacher exists

^ ^ ^ ^
| | | |

This sir, is absolute truth.

Just now, Anton Rogachevski said:

This is absolute truth.

it's not, it's words

7 minutes ago, Bluff said:

it's not, it's words

How do you know? Who knows this? What is 'knowing'? What is 'yes' and 'not'? 

We can play this game forever, yet words are all we have right now.

you are the only one who is playing a game here..

Do you still have a question we should try to answer? ..because I don't know how to help you at this point

24 minutes ago, Bluff said:

you are the only one who is playing a game here..

You sure are playing, but you just haven't noticed it yet, there's in fact nothing to do but play, but you took your game too seriously and now you go around trying to "help" everyone. Lighten up bro!

I don't want to handle your mindfuck anymore. Lighten up bro

@Anton Rogachevski well... especially with spiritual work, the master is literally more of a student than the student himself. From what I can see, to "master" anything would be to move away from enlightenment. There is so much paradox to this, and it's so perfect and true and beautiful.

Some people are interested in spirituality and practice but will never get to where others are from the outset who don't care about spirituality at all. Some people are enlightened without having ever perceived any of these enlightenment narratives/fantasies others are obsessed with.
It is a great error to see enlightenment in a framework of causality.

Edited by ground

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.