getting shitfaced

34 posts in this topic

On Monday, February 08, 2016 at 1:01 AM, eddie said:

well let's look at it from a simple perspective... if alcohol did any good to your body, then pregnant women would certainly be allowed to drink all they want... but basically what happens to a kid who's been drinking through their mom is they are born with a disfunctional brain and are prone to develop all kinds of diseases and allergies  if not retarded, not to mention physical disabilities... now think what it does to both your IQ and EQ in the long run... it's like injecting poison in your veis and telling your body to cope with it... man... you're not going to be in your 20's or 30's forever... when you get to your senior years you'll be busted... your body takes the toll... not to mention what alcohol does to your sexual member... if you expect to hold an erection for long years to come, drop the booze... eat healthy and treat your body to good sleep... my take on self actualizing is that you need to stop treating your body and mind like separate entities... so you can't just focus on brain work and keep thrashing your body and treating it like a dumpster... the day you can face life without having to resort to any type of drug is the day you're finally free to live life the way it's meant to be lived.

Alcohol has been apart of some of my worst nights and has also been a contributor to my worst behavior.  My life would be better if I never have touched the stuff.  It hasn't destroyed me by any means, but I do have a minor drinking problem.  Haven't drank in two weeks and that's a miracle.  The last year I went full months drinking every evening maybe skipping a day or two here and there.  Worthless chemical.  

On 2/8/2016 at 10:40 PM, Leo Gura said:

Strong men don't drink. Weak ones do.

@Leo Gura @Guest

The big problem with drinking is that it can lead to an weak state of mind where you can go to heavier drugs when you are getting crazy and unaware about your gradual lost of consciousness.

Alcohol is the same as anything else. How it is used is most important. I am sure it is possible that it could be used for a short term benefit. Its great for causing you to relax both physically and socially. However, perhaps you should look at what you are actually doing. You are ingesting a known poison for the benefits that it gives you. A nice short term experience that you the consciousness enjoys but does damage to your body. Short term gain, long term loss. 

No matter what substance it is: Is it helpful? is it useful? how is it unhelpful? will this be hurtful in any way? With these things in mind I cannot see the point of drinking on almost any occasion. 

I think the real question thought might be something like: why are you looking for validation about drinking? "getting shitfaced" is kind of a negative title for something you are trying to defend. it doesn't quite smell right.

I usually drink (pretty much strictly on the weekends) but it is a habit I'm trying to kick, or at least moderate.

It's a funny cycle I go through pretty consistently; Friday, I get off of work and I'm excited to go out with my friends and we have a great time.

Saturday morning, I usually feel slightly hungover but also feel that I can very easily express what I want to say and have a higher than average level of happiness. Throughout the day, I notice my level of happiness taper off until I start drinking again and usually have a fun Saturday night but it's not as fun and fresh as Friday night. 

Sunday, I'm usually pretty shot/useless if I've been out drinking and don't get much accomplished. 

Monday is usually my worst day at work and I feel somewhat uptight and uncertain of myself.

As the week progresses, I feel myself become happier and more confident as the sober days stack up - I stick to my healthy habits/routines and usually get a lot accomplished. And then Friday comes.

If you're not going to quit drinking, I would highly recommend moderating your drinking as I've been doing the past couple of weeks - I've attained a much more level mood by keeping myself to 4 or less drinks in a night. AND, if you're going to have a drink - I'd recommend the NorCal Margarita (high quality tequila, seltzer, crushed lime, crushed ice, sprinkle of salt); from the research I've done (and my own empirical data), it gives you a significantly reduced hangover and is the "healthiest" drink you can order. 

Thanks guys,

Flynn

I rarely drink and never to excess,  so I have nothing to offer on this discussion really but I'm intrigued to see peoples thoughts on smoking a little bud.

I've often found  it helps when studying myself and great fun for deep chats, just wondering how others on a similar path feel about it.

Alcohol gets a bad rap like guns do. Alcohol is not the cause of and solution to (starting or quitting) any problem in anyones life ever. It'll will do what YOU will believe it will do. I struggled with it severely before doing self help.  The usual "staying sober" doesnt help or solve the problems that manifest as alcoholism.  or even the occasional "getting smashed"

Finding my reasons why i would drink as much as i used to was liberating and enabled me to kick my habit while still enjoying it. (much to the dismay of my family at the time)

when it comes to what it does to my body, other then the experience i have while actually being drunk, (and after)I truly have no idea what it does. everyone has an opinion though.

I'd say its like anything else in this world. know the REAL reason why your doing it. drinking isnt the problem. why your drinking could be the problem.

drinking isnt the problem

I've always said that there. Drinking for me isn't a problem... It's running out of drink... hehe ;)

I think everything is ok as long as its done in moderation,some so called experts say that a glass of red wine a day is actually good for you,everyone to there own.

I don't judge on drinking, I have drinks a few nights a week, however the issue is when it "changes" who you are or you have a sense of regret in the morning. In those cases, more times than not, you are drinking to hide, forget or quiet something...even just for a little while. Good luck and I hope you find a sense of peace in realizing just because you were "raised" that way doesn't mean you have to continue that path.

On ‎8‎.‎2‎.‎2016 at 2:40 AM, Leo Gura said:

Strong men don't drink. Weak ones do.

I dont think, Its not all that black and white. I think most "great men" are not 100% non alcohol.

For myself, few times a year is okay, but not more.

You have to be very enlightened to drink and not feel a slightest feeling of guilt or shame about it. And if one is completely enlightened, they would never want a drink. :D 

2 minutes ago, Dhana Choko said:

You have to be very enlightened to drink and not feel a slightest feeling of guilt or shame about it. And if one is completely enlightened, they would never want a drink. :D 

I dont think this is true. I dont know who is enlightened and who is not, but for example Chogyam Trungpa was a boozebag, Alan Watts was a drunkster, Ram Dass did never become totally sober guy, Ekhart Tolle smoked a joint couple of years back. Watts definetly wasnt enlightened, the other may be. Enlightenment doesnt mean that you become a great person