Igor82

How should I trip? (On LSD)

13 posts in this topic

If you dont want to read the whole context, scroll down the the bottom of this post and read the bullets

Previously: I would always be afraid to trip, afraid that something will happen, I used to only trip once in a while (months inbetween) for the total of 3 trips, each feeling like I could have taken more of the substance, and each leaving me without anything profound (Highest dose : 225yg AL-LAD. I have 10 tabs of 1P-LSD avialable but I have not had the balls to touch the thing, I felt like I needed the calling. Meanwhile I got my hands on some pharma-grade Xanax as a tripkiller just to be safe.

Now, I feel a calling for the substance. I have has some good experiences of deeply conceptually understanding some of the deep concepts that Leo talks about, and they all point to my just sitting and being. Today It made my awareness highten by alot for a prolonged period of time, but nothing unpleasant for the ego, I realised that no matter how solidly I conceptually understood these ideas, all it did was pointing me to sitting and staring at the wall for Xammount of time. Okay, now you know where I am situated.

I feel the calling to hammer down these conceptual pointers with a higher dose of LSD, capable of killing my ego. I feel like the understanding and awareness that I currently posess will break me through. 

Here’s the deal: I have tripkillers, so I feel safe doing this. I am not freaking out when thinking about tripping as I used to do, I feel ready to face my fears, to face death. I have had no compelling experience of ego-death, just some experiences of the brink of it (all that breathing out of the blue), and I am very capable of surrendering into painful situations (I have practiced surrender in countless cold showers). 

Here’s the problems:

• I have not much space in my schedule to be tripping. We are gonna have a stranger move into our apartment for 6months as my sister who used to live in that room is now on a long travel
  • I have not experienced 100yg of 1P-LSD yet, but I have recently tripsitted my friend who has taken such a dose. She reported a similar experience to my previous trips, nothing too bad, but she said that she couldve taken more. I do not want my trip to be like that, this time I want it to be satisfying.

Here’s my options: 

• I can go to the a friends house (a big family out on the country, the are very healthy manifestations of stage blue (possibly green) and I can trip there relativly comfortably without any obligations.
  • I can stay at home where im as most physically comfortable and familliar, but I would be afraid of that I would not have 2 days in a row to trip &integrate and I would be a little paranoid about the stranger moving in. If I dont take the opportunity, I dont know when I will.
  • I want to take a breakthrough dose of 1P-LSD, a very similar substance to the classical LSD, comparing in my subjective experience as a stronger more interfearing microdosing effect than AL-LAD. I am inexperienced with this particular analouge, but as said, I have the calling.

My questions to you psychonauts are:

• What do you think is the most suitable dose for me in this case?
  • Is it really a good idea to go to my friend’s house? (I would feel more comfortable there than home atm. Their family there would be great tripsitters)

Thanks for taking your time.

Once a week for 8 weeks.Friday or Saturday clean your house sleep good before trip.Trip at night with the availability tripping in total darkness with your eyes wide open, average dosage not to much nor too little.You will see the risen sun with different eyes.

If this analogue is similar to standard LSD and you have tripped before, I would say you should take 200 mics for a solid trip. 150 would be pretty solid too if you know they are indeed legit 100 ug tabs. 

I didn't read the entirety of your post, but this is my suggestion on the setting: If there is absolutely no risk of the stranger showing up unannounced etc. WHILE you are tripping, then I see no reason not to trip at home. If there is even a shadow of a doubt in your mind that they might or there is some other reason this might make you anxious, just go to the friend's place. I do not think the stranger showing up after the fact ill be an issue. If you go to the friend's place, make sure their family gives you space. You won't want to feel obligated to interact with them or act any certain way around a group of sober people.

11 hours ago, Crystalous said:

Once a week for 8 weeks.Friday or Saturday clean your house sleep good before trip.Trip at night with the availability tripping in total darkness with your eyes wide open, average dosage not to much nor too little.You will see the risen sun with different eyes.

Thank you for the suggestion, I can see how that could be very good as I would not be prone to distractions and worries that people might come in at night, also the darkness! 

10 hours ago, ZZZZ said:

If this analogue is similar to standard LSD and you have tripped before, I would say you should take 200 mics for a solid trip. 150 would be pretty solid too if you know they are indeed legit 100 ug tabs. 

I will take 150-200mcg depending on my mood that day

10 hours ago, ZZZZ said:

If there is absolutely no risk of the stranger showing up unannounced etc. WHILE you are tripping, then I see no reason not to trip at home. If there is even a shadow of a doubt in your mind that they might or there is some other reason this might make you anxious, just go to the friend's place. I do not think the stranger showing up after the fact ill be an issue. If you go to the friend's place, make sure their family gives you space. You won't want to feel obligated to interact with them or act any certain way around a group of sober people.

Alright, I can see that. Then ill be going to my friends house to be tripping. My home is extremly comfortable although nit any more. In my friends house I can know that im very safe provided the space I can have to trip. Thanks for the suggestions

My suggestion? Take 200-300ug. In my experience (vast experience), the trip is very likely to be positive and "controllable" or "steer able" from disaster as long as you're not taking over 300ug. Set and setting are everything. If there's even a 5% chance of something weird happening in your environment outside of your control (like a neighbor), don't do it. It doesn't matter if you're at a friends house or not, you can take things over and make the space as comfortable as possible. Prioritize a stable and safe environment over "familiar." The trip rockets you off anyway. Safe travels my friend!

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

200µg should be a good dose. Keep in mind that 200µg should be a fair bit stronger than the 225µg of AL-LAD you took. 1P-LSD is basically 1:1 with regular old LSD in terms of dosage and effects.

At your friends house, would you have to conceal the fact that you're tripping from your hosts? It would probably be uncomfortable having to conceal this, and having to "act normal" around them, this would bring your trip down to earth in a way you're probably not looking for. If you can be open about what you're doing there, that sounds like a really ideal setting. If not, I'd be hesitant.

At home, I don't think you'd need a full uninterrupted 48h to integrate. If you can be uninterrupted during your actual trip, and then deal with some visitors after, I think you'll be fine. I actually really enjoy the opportunity to observe normal day to day interactions after a trip is done. It can be a very interesting bridge.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

225ug of Al-lad is probably the equivalent of 150ug 1P-LSD. I would take 200ug, since you have a benzo as a sedative.

I would be cautious about having a breakthrough trip with a friend's family. Is this family experienced trippers? Could they view it as some type of novelty that may peak their curiosity.  For me, I wouldn't want curious people who have never tripped around. Yet, if you feel comfortable with them and that they would remain chill, that could be helpful. Sitting someone through a psychedelic insanity zone can take some skill. A lot of people would get anxious themselves which could compound the difficulty. 

If at home, perhaps having a sitter to deal with an unexpected visitor? Also, you don't need two full days. If you dedicate a full day and start in the morning - you will have plenty of time to integrate late afternoon into evening. Then, set aside some time hear and there during the week for more integration.

4 minutes ago, outlandish said:

200µg should be a good dose. Keep in mind that 200µg should be a fair bit stronger than the 225µg of AL-LAD you took. 1P-LSD is basically 1:1 with regular old LSD in terms of dosage and effects.

At your friends house, would you have to conceal the fact that you're tripping from your hosts? It would probably be uncomfortable having to conceal this, and having to "act normal" around them, this would bring your trip down to earth in a way you're probably not looking for. If you can be open about what you're doing there, that sounds like a really ideal setting. If not, I'd be hesitant.

At home, I don't think you'd need a full uninterrupted 48h to integrate. If you can be uninterrupted during your actual trip, and then deal with some visitors after, I think you'll be fine. I actually really enjoy the opportunity to observe normal day to day interactions after a trip is done. It can be a very interesting bridge.

Thanks! The family in the friend's house is huge, they are a lot of people. There would be all sorts of sounds going randomly throughout, and the parents would not be initially acceptant of me tripping there (bringing trouble to the house) I could make that hard phone call and talk to them, but then I don't know if I can trip comfortably and quietly when I come there. I put some thoughts into this. I might just wait until the guy who is moving in is out for a couple of days or something and then I can take the opportunity.

I would feel comfortable tripping at home in the most optimal setting (completely alone with no obligations in complete silence), I could do that tomorrow if I had the opportunity, especially with trip killers, I have the calling and I would not hesitate. But I can't do that, not at the friend's house and not at home, not right now. I guess I could convince the family to give me space, but that would be way too complicated.

They have a party this Friday, I can go there, (I wanted to go to the previous party, I have no social circles so I wanted to benefit from that but I had problems to take care of) I can even bring some LSD if I find the optimal space to do it there, you never know. Until then I will wait patiently.

16 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

225ug of Al-lad is probably the equivalent of 150ug 1P-LSD. I would take 200ug, since you have a benzo as a sedative.

I would be cautious about having a breakthrough trip with a friend's family. Is this family experienced trippers? Could they view it as some type of novelty that may peak their curiosity.  For me, I wouldn't want curious people who have never tripped around. Yet, if you feel comfortable with them and that they would remain chill, that could be helpful. Sitting someone through a psychedelic insanity zone can take some skill. A lot of people would get anxious themselves which could compound the difficulty. 

If at home, perhaps having a sitter to deal with an unexpected visitor? Also, you don't need two full days. If you dedicate a full day and start in the morning - you will have plenty of time to integrate late afternoon into evening. Then, set aside some time hear and there during the week for more integration.

Great tips! This clears up some stalemate in my mind.

If you have any experience with killing a trip with benzos(xanax) or something similar, can I have some tips for that, for how to use tripkillers? Never used them before.

Just now, Igor82 said:

Great tips! This clears up some stalemate in my mind.

If you have any experience with killing a trip with benzos(xanax) or something similar, can I have some tips for that, for how to use tripkillers? Never used them before.

I've had etizolam handy on some of my trips, yet have never taken it. And I've been on trips without etizolam in which I would have taken it.

Just having it on me, increased my confidence and willingness to surrender in the sub ego death zone. From what I've read, it doesn't actually "kill" a trip. It's not like the person snaps back into being sober. It seems like it alters the dynamics such that the trip becomes more subdued, lucid - less anxiety. Yet, one may not get the full effect of the trip. 

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I've had etizolam handy on some of my trips, yet have never taken it. And I've been on trips without etizolam in which I would have taken it.

Just having it on me, increased my confidence and willingness to surrender in the sub ego death zone. From what I've read, it doesn't actually "kill" a trip. It's not like the person snaps back into being sober. It seems like it alters the dynamics such that the trip becomes more subdued, lucid - less anxiety. Yet, one may not get the full effect of the trip. 

Thanks. I think the confidence part is very crucial, building a relationship with the psychedelic basing myself on being more courageous. Ofc, you could just pussy out all the time and avoid a potentially life-changing trip, but having I guess having more balls to trip builds up a stable relationship with the psychedelic in the long run, where when I would've taken the benzo at some point previously, I would not take it anymore, even when I have them there. Maybe even transcending benzos at some point.

I got these tripkillers from a friend of mine (had to cut him out tho, the relationship only revolved around drugs, he overdosed a couple of times and is now in rehab.. it got unsustainable) ... He reported to me that he killed a candyflip with a Xanax and said that when the Xanax kicked in, it was like it flipped a switch in his brain and bam, the trip was gone, almost the whole thing was gone just like that. I think he took 150mcg or something.

I've never used or had a benzo on hand for killing a trip. It seems like a sacrilege to me, but I'm being dogmatic and totally get why it's not a bad idea. Still, I like fully committing to a trip without giving myself an exit door.

Keep in mind that if you take a benzo during a trip, you really aren't sober. Just so people don't get the idea of getting behind the wheel in that circumstance.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.