phllip103

awareness change behaviors

10 posts in this topic

What are behaviors that you changed with awareness ?

6 minutes ago, Yousef said:

the more aware you become the more you will realize you can't change anything. 

i thought we can choose the action instead of reacting 

2 minutes ago, Yousef said:

there is no action or reaction. 

There is no "you " ..there's no "choosing ".

Everything just  IS.

I think you misundertand my question
I am asking about changing the behaviirs throughout the day. Not when we are meditating

1 minute ago, Yousef said:

If you put this question in the enlightenment and counsiness forum. .these are the kind of answers you should expect to get. 

oh yes
thank you

Your thought process changes with awareness, instead of thinking you get thoughts as from nothing there are many other things that change, as there are many other states of awareness, you have to experiment with it to see for yourself.

@phllip103 Your question can explored in a practical sense and in an existential sense.

From a practical perspective, we would assume the existence of a finite self that continues as a self through time. This exploration would incude areas of personal improvement, goal setting, skill development, making healthy decisions etc. Greater awareness could help a person discover the root of personal problems, one’s own “shortcomings” (such as judgements, criticism and insecurity), attunement to the needs of others, increased attention etc.

From a self actualizing perspective, we would question the assumptions that: a finite self is real and that there is a timeline of past, present and future that is real. 

Assumptions can orient perspectives into different exploratory spaces. Yet, they are not mutually excusive.

@phllip103 This video really helped me slow down throughout the day and really question every action i was doing instead of automatically being in the flow of things, if that makes sense.

I used to do activities and then get a little hit of awareness here or there. But now, that "little hit" is a lot more spread out. I guess you could say my intention became more refined with awareness. 

Coupling this with Leo's "Lifestyle Minimalism" video is a gem. 

9 hours ago, phllip103 said:

What are behaviors that you changed with awareness ?

Emotional stability 

More compassion

Deeper insights

Greater understanding of my own self structure

More focus

More discipline 

More in touch with intuition 

Probably more but increasing awareness has been an extremely powerful by-product of consistent 1 hour/day meditation. 10/10 would recommend :)

addiction to stimulation and unhealthy food. bad sleep patterns