Charlotte

Why do people become heavily annoyed with me?

87 posts in this topic

@Charlotte They probably just bring up those topics conversationally and not with the intention of starting a debate. They may get the sense that you don't "trust" them, to even tell you the simplest of things. Personally, I would try the approach of only doing it with people that enjoy the debates. For everyone else, research and verify what they're saying in private and see if it was true or false. If it's true, there's no problem, if false, then come to them and tell them what really happened, not in a cocky way, but just to politely inform them. That way it works out for everyone. In general, always try to find "win-win" situations in life.

10 hours ago, CreamCat said:

How can I rephrase this in a way that accounts for life purpose?

Some ppl, like Shinzen Young for example, have books written on awakening, one of them called, The Science of Enlightenment. He's also online, have a website, and gives lectures at universities. He also meets ppl for meditation practices.

In other words, you could also write books (products), do websites, be on YouTube, etc., but in your own way. It's your LP.

13 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Some ppl, like Shinzen Young for example, have books written on awakening, one of them called, The Science of Enlightenment. He's also online, have a website, and gives lectures at universities. He also meets ppl for meditation practices.

In other words, you could also write books (products), do websites, be on YouTube, etc., but in your own way. It's your LP.

I was hoping that you could rephrase the following quote in a way that accommodates life purpose as a concept. I was not talking about finding life purpose. I thought I could substitute a different word for `your destiny`.

Don't engage in every battle. If a battle is not between you and your destiny, it's simply a distraction.

Edited by CreamCat

14 hours ago, CreamCat said:

I was hoping that you could rephrase the following quote in a way that accommodates life purpose as a concept.

Well, it's not so easy for me to come up with a quote like that. Life itself is a concept. If I had to say something on my own, this is what I would come up with:

Life is but a dream. Therefore, your calling is but a dream. You'll clearly see that everything is you and maya once you've had the deepest awakening. 

Since life is meant to be lived, the embodied ego makes peace with itself by finding its calling and impacting others to find their calling and to help awaken them.

When it comes to LP, I like this quote better:

FB_IMG_1472111379187.jpg

14 hours ago, CreamCat said:

I thought I could substitute a different word for `your destiny`.

Your 'calling?'

@Key Elements that's a powerful message!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus