Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mess

Game&programs To Stimulate Our Brain

15 posts in this topic

Hello, I was wonder if you know some decent games for brain training, improving our memory, focus and intelligence. I would appreciate most if that would be for PC - in browser for example and as well as for android ( I might train on toilet session :D ) Thank you and have a nice day! :)

İ read somewhere on this forum about Anki, so i downloaded Ankidroid. İts a flashcard app and its pretty awesome. İ use it alot during those short dead moments in a day...10 minutes here , 5 minutes there...it adds up.

Actually I know Anki for a long time but I dont mean this kind of app. I want some app similiar to lumosity but free that can stimulate me brain by solving some tasks, etc. And btw Anki is pretty cool app so I recomend it as well :)

Brain Training apps are a waste of time at best and a scam at worst. I recommend you start a meditation habit if you really want to improve not only your memory and focus but also so much more beyond that. For intelligence, there is so much free educational content floating about YouTube. It's just a matter of what you are really curious to learn about.

Edited by Extreme Z7

22 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Brain Training apps are a waste of time at best and a scam at worst. I recommend you start a meditation habit if you really want to improve not only your memory and focus but also so much more beyond that. For intelligence, there is so much free educational content floating about YouTube. It's just a matter of what you are really curious to learn about.

Any suggested videos? Can you list 5, please? Thanks @Extreme Z7 :) 

@Argue For start : 

+

With those 2 you should be able to learn anything. There is no short way, you just need to learn how your brain works and use tricks you know will work on you.

As far as i know you cant "cheat" , same as you cant cheat muscle in your body.

4 minutes ago, Gmork said:

@Argue For start : 

+

With those 2 you should be able to learn anything. There is no short way, you just need to learn how your brain works and use tricks you know will work on you.

As far as i know you cant "cheat" , same as you cant cheat muscle in your body.

This is a great start. I love mnemonics and its foundations. Thanks @Gmork

@Argue Why videos? How about actual channels, instead? Excluding, TED, (Which is already very popular) and Actualized.org (obviously) here are 5 of my personal favorite educational channels. Probably check out a few of their videos if you're interested. They're mostly pretty high quality.

Big Think: link

• Short bite sized videos featuring various scientists, celebrities, and authors talking about various topics.

CrashCourse: link

• They put a lot of hard work into creating various free educational series called "Crash Courses". They have a wide variety of courses ranging from Physics to Philosophy to Economics to Government and Politics to even Video Games and so much more.

The School of Life: link

• Videos mostly hosted by author and philosopher , Alain de Botton. The videos are mostly animated (although some of them are live action film) with a narrator talking about different aspects of life. Topics range from Love to Work to Happiness to Parenthood and other topics you can think related to Life. Sometimes they release videos relating to Philosophy and History and the different ideas and people who advocated various schools of thought from the past.

YouAreCreators: link

• Huge advocates of the Law of Attraction and Spirituality. Although they mainly seem to be interested in how to achieve success through Spirituality and Law of Attraction. They do like to talk about how spirituality changes ones psychology though but they don't seem to really talk about enlightenment that much. They're main interest seems to be to attract the audience with the promise of success in life. Still a very positive thing to be doing, though. I still suggest you check them out if you're interested in spirituality, they may still have some valuable insights.

Fight Mediocrity: link

• Last but not least, a channel by a guy who usually reviews personal development books he's read. He's claimed to have spent a large portion of his life reading books and he really seems to be interested in sharing through his channel what he's learned so far. Pretty much the only personal-development-based channel on this list, I noticed. Probably because unlike other self-help channels which mostly involves videos of a guy in front of a camera making a short motivational speech, he really mainly focuses on what he's learned from various books and probably a good source of good self-help book recommendations.

Edited by Extreme Z7

11 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

@Argue Why videos? How about actual channels, instead? Excluding, TED, (Which is already very popular) and Actualized.org (obviously) here are 5 of my personal favorite educational channels. Probably check out a few of their videos if you're interested. They're mostly pretty high quality.

Big Think: link

• Short bite sized videos featuring various scientists, celebrities, and authors talking about various topics.

CrashCourse: link

• They put a lot of hard work into creating various free educational series called "Crash Courses". They have a wide variety of courses ranging from Physics to Philosophy to Economics to Government and Politics to even Video Games and so much more.

The School of Life: link

• Videos mostly hosted by author and philosopher , Alain de Botton. The videos are mostly animated (although some of them are live action film) with a narrator talking about different aspects of life. Topics range from Love to Work to Happiness to Parenthood and other topics you can think related to Life. Sometimes they release videos relating to Philosophy and History and the different ideas and people who advocated various schools of thought from the past.

YouAreCreators: link

• Huge advocates of the Law of Attraction and Spirituality. Although they mainly seem to be interested in how to achieve success through Spirituality and Law of Attraction. They do like to talk about how spirituality changes ones psychology though but they don't seem to really talk about enlightenment that much. They're main interest seems to be to attract the audience with the promise of success in life. Still a very positive thing to be doing, though. I still suggest you check them out if you're interested in spirituality, they may still have some valuable insights.

Fight Mediocrity: link

• Last but not least, a channel by a guy who usually reviews personal development books he's read. He's claimed to have spent a large portion of his life reading books and he really seems to be interested in sharing through his channel what he's learned so far. Pretty much the only personal-development-based channel on this list, I noticed. Probably because unlike other self-help channels which mostly involves videos of a guy in front of a camera making a short motivational speech, he really mainly focuses on what he's learned from various books and probably a good source of good self-help book recommendations.

@Extreme Z7 if I could upvote this post10 times, I would! This is formatted excellently. Thank you for the golden nuggets! Stay awesome! Cheers. :) 

Raising flat IQ is the best way to go, experimenting with biohacking and Nootropics. Dual-N-Back is a scientifically certified technique will ramp certain parts of the brain and is deemed effective. There was a website called howtobecomesmarter.org that had a slew of IQ boosting techniques, the company that researched and created the techniques were known as "MindOneDigital" . I have their guide to genius, which  supposedly cranks your brain to IQ's higher than 160+ with certain techniques. I can make a master thread, as I have what they marketed as "The complete guide to genius", with all of the techniques within the guide. Diet/Sleep/Exercise are staples, that if not implemented, your entire training process will go to shit.

Also, a surprisingly  interesting video on the topic of genius':

Genetic modification should soon be under way, soon the problem of intelligence will be solved, along with this, genetic engineering can make super-humans/mutants akin to Stan Lee's "X-men". Solving Immortality should be first corner-stone although.

Edited by JevinR