zambize

Small Forums Change?

7 posts in this topic

This was the best category I could find to put this under, it's just kind of forums logistics. 

It's fairly important to me to show gratitude, especially to those that have helped me.  Not only because I enjoy mutual relationships, but I want to make it clear that I've read and appreciated your advice.  However, what this has entailed for me and a lot of other people on many threads is @'ing them, or quoting their comment and thanking them.  The only problem is that this tends to bring up dead posts that aren't actively being discussed, just for other people to open up the thread and see someone thanking another person.  I love that people are showing gratitude, but maybe if you added three emojis like a thumbs up, a heart, and if you really love me, praying hand (idk why I love that emoji in particular).  This would add a nice cosmetic touch, as well as allow us to show gratitude to people that give us life changing advice, without burying the threads where active discussion is taking place.   I'm pretty sure you can selectively add emojis, such that we don't become toxic and gang up on each other with thumbs down and angry faces, I just want a way for us to show gratitude without burying other people's discussions.

Actually, I'll add some life advice, then we are in the right area for part of the threads.  I've noticed over the last few weeks of setting my alarm at 7:30 that if I get up within an hour of my alarm, that it's best to just trust my body that it got enough sleep, and get into the shower.  Me and my roommate both confirm that getting too much sleep can kind of paradoxically make you more tired throughout the day, so if you get up and you feel up, I'd recommend hopping in the shower and starting your daily routine 

Edited by zambize

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

There were thumbs up in the past. And they probably won't return.

They were removed, as people were bragging who has more of them or only reading thumb-uped posts, etc.

I think it's better the way it's now.

1 hour ago, Girzo said:

There were thumbs up in the past. And they probably won't return.

They were removed, as people were bragging who has more of them or only reading thumb-uped posts, etc.

I think it's better the way it's now.

Tragic haha, maybe one day we can handle thumbs up haha.  I definitely figured there was something behind this, and had assumed it was the negative emojis more than people bragging about positive emojis.  Shows what I know... -_-

Edited by zambize

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

We had thumbs up buttons but I decided they were too distracting. The ego craves validation and keeps saying things just to get likes.

Likes encourage a sort of group-think mentality where instead of evaluating the truth for a statement for yourself you abdicate that responsibility on the herd.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura This is the exact problem with sites like reddit. I made a website+software that eliminated just that some years ago but it didnt take off

2 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

@Leo Gura This is the exact problem with sites like reddit. I made a website+software that eliminated just that some years ago but it didnt take off

While Reddit does have that problem its a tradeoff because the upvote system helps you find content which its helped me find content I wanted to look at many times. Its a very situational thing. Less of a problem on posts that are around for good fun and not any serious discussion.