Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MM1988

Is it possible to release neurotransmitters at will?

7 posts in this topic

I dont know if its related to my yoga practice but some time ago I had a strange experience where I suddenly felt exactly like Im coming up on an E. I felt this euphoria and my heart rate increasing, my pupils were even dillated. Even though it felt quite good I was also freaking out at the same time because I didnt take anything that day. So I resisted it a lot and 20 minutes later it was gone.

That got me thinking, could it be possible to release neurotransmitters at will and get yourself high without drugs? I know wim hof can control his immune system though yoga and sadhguru often talks about a simmilar thing whenever asked about drugs.

12 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

I suddenly felt exactly like Im coming up on an E.

@MM1988 Just wondering. What's is "E"? Is that a yoga term? And why do you think you may be "releasing neurotransmitters"? I've never heard of that either. Thanks

@cetus56 sorry for not clarifying it, its slang for MDMA. MDMA releases the neurotransmitter serotonin in your brain.

Edited by MM1988

Awaken, sync all the chakras and you will be able to have more intense trips than psychedelics taken externally and at the same time being aware and awake. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

No doubt about it.  Exercise, meditation, practicing gratitude, etc etc.  All of these things have been shown to release feel good neurotransmitters. 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Yes. Meditate deeply for a very long time. Negative thoughts release chemicals that you will consider as negative, no thoughts will do the opposite.

Dont look at me! Look inside!