Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kieranperez

Ken Wilber on not turning Spiral Dynamics into a form of perfectionism

8 posts in this topic

Though Wilber isn’t addressing this directly, the beginning of this very much covers the overarching narrative and also problem I see people falling into where people want to use the sprial dynamics and states and stages as a way to create this cartoon character of a perfect human being which I see a lot of people really falling into. Particularly when I see people listening to TJ Reeves and falling into this mental masterbation of Coral and beyond and how they want to embody the entire Spiral and they want to turn themselves into some fantasy of the perfect human being whose Turquoise say all across the various lines of development and states and stages.

Don’t use sprial dynamics as a form of perfectionism! It’s a model and only a model. Cover your bases, clean up your shadow, stick to your strengths and do the best you can. 

You guys worship Ken Wilbur too much.  I never resonated with Ken Wilbur.  Be your own Ken Wilbur.  Ken Wilbur is just another dude with an opinion.  Personal Development is not Science or Philosophy.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

This also applies to all of personal development, not just SD 

3 minutes ago, thehero said:

This also applies to all of personal development, not just SD 

What about your personal development?  Why is all personal development even relevant?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor yeah I meant that perfectionism happens even outside of spiral dynamics. It's an ego thing, not a SD thing 

In my exp, I find that I am a trying to create a perfect human being, outside of SD as well. 

Edited by thehero

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You guys worship Ken Wilbur too much.  I never resonated with Ken Wilbur.  Be your own Ken Wilbur.  Ken Wilbur is just another dude with an opinion.  Personal Development is not Science or Philosophy.  

Where the fuck do you see me worshipping Ken Wilber? Cut your projections and assumptions. I’m sharing a video that is based around a critical point that Wilber is making. 

Keep your comments onto the subject being posted about. I don’t worship anyone.

I will watch this asap, totally resonate with this. Purity and perfectionism are toxic. To speak in buddhist metaphor, the lotus blossom is rooted in the mud, cut it off and it quickly dies.

Yeah I don't really see a lot of Ken Wilber worship going on around here either, not sure what you're on about Joseph Maynor.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.