theking00

spiritual ego?

16 posts in this topic

@theking00 the worst kind of ego. In the bible, 2 corinthians 11:14 says "Satan comes in the form of an angel of light."

The goal of spirituality is to eradicate the ego. The problem is, you can't move towards what does not exist. You can only move away from what does exist. So there's a shit ton of tricks your mind is Gona play on you. I've had it before. It's easier to deal with thoughts and ideas that are blatantly opposing to your spiritual walk...but when ideas *about* spirituality manifest it takes you to be very clever and persistent to beat 'em. 

It's paradoxical as fuck, at the start you absolutely *need* to allow certain aspects of the false spiritual ego to rise. You need to create some ideas about what spirituality/enlightenment is, otherwise why would you meditate? You would have no goal. A lot of stuff is still very fresh for me and so, even though I have these truths...a lot of them are still super confusing for me. But confusion is good.

The only two things you need to know about the "spiritual ego" is 1. It's absolutely necessary. 2. It will trap you if you rely on it.

Do not rely on any knowledge you have about reality, because any *knowledge* you have *about* reality is not itself reality...it's still knowledge (which is in your head). 

This is as close as I'm Gona get to explaining it clearly. Good luck

@theking00 the worst kind of ego. In the bible, 2 corinthians 11:14 says "Satan comes in the form of an angel of light."

The goal of spirituality is to eradicate the ego. The problem is, you can't move towards what does not exist. You can only move away from what does exist. So there's a shit ton of tricks your mind is Gona play on you. I've had it before. It's easier to deal with thoughts and ideas that are blatantly opposing to your spiritual walk...but when ideas *about* spirituality manifest it takes you to be very clever and persistent to beat 'em. 

It's paradoxical as fuck, at the start you absolutely *need* to allow certain aspects of the false spiritual ego to rise. You need to create some ideas about what spirituality/enlightenment is, otherwise why would you meditate? You would have no goal. A lot of stuff is still very fresh for me and so, even though I have these truths...a lot of them are still super confusing for me. But confusion is good.

The only two things you need to know about the "spiritual ego" is 1. It's absolutely necessary. 2. It will trap you if you rely on it.

Do not rely on any knowledge you have about reality, because any *knowledge* you have *about* reality is not itself reality...it's still knowledge (which is in your head). 

Is the Egoic Enlightenment in other words. Standard Morality, "good guy badge", political correctness, rights, light and love for everyone, humbleness, warrior, superiority, intelligence, iQ, science, etc. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@theking00 just be sure to let go of spiritual things *especially*, when your meditating...that shit'll sabotage your ass. And sabotage your spiritual walk 

Edited by Aaron p

45 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Is the Egoic Enlightenment in other words. Standard Morality, "good guy badge", political correctness, rights, light and love for everyone, humbleness, warrior, superiority, intelligence, iQ, science, etc. 

The answer or the truth if you wanna use that very ambiguous term is a paradox between Self and no Self, Body and no Body, External World and no External World, Rationality and no Rationality, Other People and no Other People, Duality and Non-duality.  Most people do not understand the basis for this paradox between Ego and no Ego.  But there is a basis for it that you can discover in your own life.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Search for the Ultra Spiritual guy on Youtube.

All his videos are a mockery of spiritual ego.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@theking00 go to the "meditation, conscious etc" thread...then the top two are enlightenment exercises and Leo's practical guide to enlightenment. Read Leo's practical guide to enlightenment.

Screenshot_20181118-000920.jpg

@theking00 Spritual ego is what Jesus christ is tempted in the desert.

he was tempted in three things with which he identifiy himself. 

Oh my god Awaken with JP is perfect to describe spiritual ego haha