Dan Arnautu

Agreeing On a Definition for "Raising Your Consciousness"

12 posts in this topic

Can we all agree upon a definition for "raising your conscousness? When people ask me what it means I find it really hard to explain. 

Can it be boiled down to personal development + spiritual/enlightenment work? Or how would you describe it?

I would like to use the term more in the future but I have to find a way of explaining it to people.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Consciousness is an unified field that connect everything to everything else. Consciousness with lower density (low consciousness) has a lower vibration, the experience of it is not as good(relatively speaking)  as consciousness with a higher density. The lower the density the more information can pass through the field and that results in the creation of a more complex system that is more aligned with source energy, pure oneness. 

Read this pdf about the 5 kingdoms of nature:

http://www.sensability.nl/wp-content/uploads/The-five-kingdoms-of-nature-October-27-2014.pdf

Edited by AleksM

@AleksM I can understand that without any effort. But this explanation would go over the average person's head very easily (and stage orange people would probably dismiss this explanation as woo-woo new age stuff).

How would you explain this to the CEO of a bank or a lawyer?

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@AleksM I am familiar with David Hawkins' chart. When Leo talks about raising your consciousness, he doesn't refer only to increasing the quality of emotions you feel (ex. from courage to acceptance or from apathy to fear).

Leo said a while ago that all the videos from Actualized.org raise your consciousness in some way. I do agree, but if that's the case, time management or becoming a strategic motherfucker doesn't fit David's model. A different definition might be needed.

@AleksM

3 minutes ago, AleksM said:

@Dan Arnautu

Raising the quality of the experience would be a good way.

Yeah, that might be one valid way of defining it.

Lesser the bondage, higher the consciousness.

More the clinging to ideas, things, perspectives, perceptions, beliefs and states diminishes... the less resistance there is in the body, the more the bondage starts to dissolve the more devine actions,ideas, attitudes, speech, intentions and effort can flow through the body...

the original soul blueprint is activated. 

Edited by AleksM

Be careful with trying to seek too much consensus with other people.  Your personal development is about actually improving your own idiosyncratic life.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Dan Arnautu

''Raising one's Consciousness'' in ruthlessly practical Enlightenment work sounds fishy and creates more confusion in the long run.

In my opinion, do not use it in Enlightenment context where the default mode of inquiry is based on the ground that Only Consciousness is unchanging and primary, while everything else is only a derivative appearance.

With that being said, ''Raising one's Consciousness'' in a loose and layman's term means

1) Being more and more present every single day and situations

2) Listening to one's thoughts and emotions. What message are they really carrying? Inquiring, journaling and contemplating on them. This process right here itself is a very potent one for pretty much all psychological clarity.

3) Being honest with oneself and slowly developing values and life decisions based on the above mentioned observation.

Basically, going from auto-pilot to a conscious entity. At least, I prefer to use that phrase in this context.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@AleksM regarding the conciousness density model, i thought conciousness can’t be risen at all because it only is - but awareness can. the explanation of conciousness density sounds interesting especially because you say a low density is more translucent. so even in this the term of awareness would make sense, as you would have situations with high or low conciousness density but the awareness in you or inside of someone else or more importantly  together awareness might differ.

so what was “raising your conciousness” would be “raising your awareness” and “raising conciousness” in general would mean changing the density of conciousness so it could be accessed better, or be more “ translucent” or trans vibrant.

but a higher conciousness density could be interesting, too. high awareness is access even to space of dense conciousness.

Edited by now is forever

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Be careful with trying to seek too much consensus with other people.  Your personal development is about actually improving your own idiosyncratic life.

It's very related to my life purpose, so I don't think I can have that luxury. Thus, the research. 

I Started years ago with the concept of "self-consciousness". 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.