Shadowraix

Business/Marketing books?

12 posts in this topic

A friend and I want to set up a passive income project but its gonna need a lot of advertising/marketing knowledge to do it.

Any books on such subjects? Anything that could benefit as someone who has never done this shit before would be useful. 

Thanks!

@Shadowraix

I would read everything you can by Grant Cardone, Gary Vee and MJ DeMarco as a foundation. I’d also highly recommend Building A Story Brand by Donald Miller.

From there, you’ll probably need more technical specific advice depending on what you’re selling.

On 11/13/2018 at 3:39 PM, aurum said:

Building A Story Brand 

Saw this book blow up, but I tend to doubt things that are popular 

Would you say it's a must read? 

Edited by d0ornokey

@Shadowraix

I would read everything you can by Grant Cardone, Gary Vee and MJ DeMarco as a foundation. I’d also highly recommend Building A Story Brand by Donald Miller.

From there, you’ll probably need more technical specific advice depending on what you’re selling.

The overall gist is a website that resells products we get for extremely cheap.

On 13/11/2018 at 11:39 PM, aurum said:

@Shadowraix

I’d also highly recommend Building A Story Brand by Donald Miller. 

I've just started reading this book yesterday. Even I've just finished one quarter of it, I found it very clarifying and eye opening. Thank you.

Consciousness is artificial, but not made.

11 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

Saw this book blow up, but I tend to doubt things that are popular 

Would you say it's a must read? 

Some things become popular because they actually help a lot of people.

It’s a must read if you’re trying to understand marketing in the modern age.

4 hours ago, system said:

I've just started reading this book yesterday. Even I've just finished one quarter of it, I found it very clarifying and eye opening. Thank you.

Awesome. Yeah the whole thing is very well done.

@Shadowraix

Thanks for these recommendations. Also going to pass them on to my partner to read as well.

Joseph sugarman's books.  If not you won't be taken seriously as a marketer at a certain point :D. Copywriting is good to learn.  And it's fun because there's psychology mixed in with it...

Edited by tashawoodfall

sorry just read the question.  Will it be a recurring monthly type of subscription-based online company?  If so I recommend checking out UltraCart.  Also if this is the case I recommend email marketing for sales.  I recommend Vero for that (it's better then mailchimp in my opinion) and make sure you get into copywriting so you make those sales....  At a certain point you may need customer support to take messages, I recommend Patlive.  Also recommend HelpScout so all emails go into one place.  Hope that helps.

Some very foundational timeless books about business success are:

Rich Dad, Poor Dad

Think and Grow Rich

Some Marketing books are:

Ogilvy on advertising 

Breakthrough Advertising

Seth Godins Books

Podcast:

Dean Jackson & Joe Polish “I love marketing” you can pretty much just listen to the podcast and know more then you will ever need to know about marketing. 

Edited by Equanimitize
Add