Rilles

What Is Death?

7 posts in this topic

What is death?

Why are we afraid of it?

What happens when we die?

Different cultural perspectives on death?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Pretty sure he'd say true death doesn't ever happen in the universe since it is said to be infinite and infinitely interconnected . Egoic death can occur when a bullet lands in your skull, or when you meditate a lot. gg.

It might cover how the fact that someone's heart that starts being is literally no more significant in the grand scheme of things than if a carton of milk tips over and spills. How religion defines the birth and death of an individual as pivotal cosmic events when they are not really, well no more than those that are actually happening every second.

I might be 100% wrong though, I'm still not very good at this hehehe.

Edited by Talinn

46 minutes ago, Talinn said:

Pretty sure he'd say true death doesn't ever happen in the universe since it is said to be infinite and infinitely interconnected . Egoic death can occur when a bullet lands in your skull, or when you meditate a lot. gg.

It might cover how the fact that someone's heart that starts being is literally no more significant in the grand scheme of things than if a carton of milk tips over and spills. How religion defines the birth and death of an individual as pivotal cosmic events when they are not really, well no more than those that are actually happening every second.

I might be 100% wrong though, I'm still not very good at this hehehe.

Exactly! Would be a very interesting episode! :P

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I would really love a video on this! And also how do psychic/mediums speak to people who have passed? How do indigenous people speak to their ancestors? Do ghosts existed? Is the idea true that our loved ones are always watching over us? 

Edited by Basil-leaf

Death isn't you, in a coffin underground, agonizing over your own non-existence. Death is the same "place" or "realm" that you were at before you were born. It didn't last very long, did it? Because you were always here, in the present moment. Always