SageModeAustin

How do you guys deal with irrational perfectionism

13 posts in this topic

intrusive irrational perfectionism thoughts, how do you not let these bother you so much? 

Or just random obsessive thoughts? 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

That's a very good question. Have you seen Leo's video on this? 

3 hours ago, SageModeAustin said:

how do you not let these bother you so much? 

I'd say to deliberately do things imperfectly. 

@Nahm I do 25 in the morning and 25 at night every day

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@SageModeAustin How long have you been meditating twice a day?  I understand someone who doesn’t meditate not grasping not believing in thoughts, or even someone who occasionally meditates, but twice a day - no offense, just really, are you forgetting that, shortly after meditating, and believing thoughts again?  What gives, doesn’t make sense. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm 20 minutes a day for a month
25 minutes a day for another month 
25 minutes 2x a day for two months 

My mind ruminates all day everyday. 

Edited by SageModeAustin

@SageModeAustin Interesting.  You’re acknowledging it’s irrational, but you keep doing it...?  Has it minimized at all, from meditation? Have you checked your techniques, etc?     Have you tried laughing about the notion that you are holding “perfectionism” as thought, over the “As Is” existing perfection in the imperfect? Or, have you realized that it is precisely the imperfection which allows any experience at all? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Where does that perfectionism come from?

What first came to thought is you have some idealized fantasy about how things should be and it becomes a bother when it doesn't match up exactly. This seems to be about control more than anything.

@SageModeAustinYo dude...first off...let these thoughts or rather, the emotions, bother you. Don't run away...you must sit through this ludicrous behavior. This way you "fight" them head on.

Explore the idea of "not knowing" and see how it is absolutely inevitable and ignorant to believe you could see it any other way

The absurdity of them will shine through and you can go along your marry way 

Edited by DrewNows

@Nahm I know it's irrational yes, but I don't keep doing it consciously..my mind keeps doing it unconsciously.

It's like when you try to stop thinking about something, you think about it even more. 

it comes from anything, it's irrational. 

@SageModeAustinive been caught in this same trap a number of times! Watch all those "should be" thoughts as @Shadowraix says...

breath deeply in the understanding "life is NOW" and it cannot be any other way. The emotions will be true for how you perceive the situation, but how are the situations misinterpreted? If there is no "YOU", what has to change?