Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ExodiaGearCEO

How to stop the Negative Self Talk?

9 posts in this topic

I am noticing that whenever I tried to be positive and tell myself something positive I then have this negative voice in my head just criticizing myself.

For example if I am feeling depressed or negative I would say something positive about myself like “ today is going to be a great day” then this negative voice comes and say “this day is going to suck” or “today is going be the most boring day ever”

I end up starting to believe it and stop being positive and back to my low self again. This keep happening to me! Where does this thinking coming? Should I ignore any negative self talk? Should I believe is true or not? I’m so confused.

“Our brains replay every painful memory from the past and every possible scary scenario from the future over and over, just like a complex computer simulation, in an attempt to scare us away from threats before they can happen and regardless of the probability of their happening at all.” 
― Mo Gawdat, Solve For Happy: Engineering Your Path to Uncovering the Joy Inside You

7fdd33ea1a2a177be9260ac38f0e8f46.jpg

I really got a lot out of reading this book. 

The kingdom of heaven is within.

19 hours ago, Colin said:

“Our brains replay every painful memory from the past and every possible scary scenario from the future over and over, just like a complex computer simulation, in an attempt to scare us away from threats before they can happen and regardless of the probability of their happening at all.” 
― Mo Gawdat, Solve For Happy: Engineering Your Path to Uncovering the Joy Inside You

I really like this quote. 

@ExodiaGearCEO Don't force positivity. Let thoughts come and go naturally. Observe them without resistance, and don't take them so seriously.

"Let thoughts pass like clouds in the sky."

Clouds can be beautiful, boring, ugly, interesting, etc.

But remember: A cloud is just a cloud, no matter how you label it. Likewise, thoughts are only thoughts. 

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

On 10/22/2018 at 3:54 PM, Colin said:

7fdd33ea1a2a177be9260ac38f0e8f46.jpg

I really got a lot out of reading this book. 

Started reading this book, so far I enjoy it. Thank you

@Nahm wow thank you so much! That tony Robion was great and his excercise were truly amazing! I can really feel it