Jonson

Learning for school anxiety

6 posts in this topic

I always feel anxious before having to work on something. I always like to plan on what i need to do and how i need to do it , i like systems. 

The problem is that i never start , or if i start and it doesn't go the way i expected it to go i get anxious and i stop.

Now i should go and study for a test

I know what i should do ... I mean i am fearful that i won't know how to learn something ... 

Like i don't want to waste time trying to learn but not actually learning

I am anxious . and lazy. 

Any suggestion? Thanks

Edited by Jonson

Calling yourself anxious and lazy sets yourself up to activate failure (in your perception, not truth...), if not on this test, than on some thing else.

It cannot help you to attach your self to connotations.

Keep in mind that you have to give yourself enough time to understand something. You don't learn a language over night. You give yourself time to understand. My tip to you is manage the amount of time that you intend on learning in a certain school subject. For example: "after dinner I will practice french class for an hour".

good advice , sounds like somebody may have said that they think you are lazy ?

it may seem like laziness to other but maybe it is just procrastination which may be low self-esteem because you feel you can not learn , but our brains are wired to learn , you would not have learned to speak , read or write or walk  or anything if that was not the case .

To learn written pages fast do the following:

Read all the material you have for the exam in one informational read, like you reading a book.

Next, start again from the beginning, but this time summarizing each half page or paragraph with your own words while you read, do it in a line or two.

True learning is the actual pen and paper summary of the material you have, this is when you will basically memorize more than 70%, while in the process of thinking how to compact the paragraphs.  

After you done summarizing, just read again the whole material you have and take the summarized material and read it as much as you need before the exam. 

Take at least 3 days before an exam to do this. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Take some nootropics :ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them