FredFred

Cannabis Legalization

5 posts in this topic

Cannabis becomes legal here in Canada tomorrow morning.

As of the 17th of October, I'll be able to buy flowers, oils and edibles from a legal, government owned dispensary. I'll be able to smoke and enjoy weed in the comfort of my own home without being judged as a criminal.

I was wondering what was this forums opinions on this subject! Is this a good idea, what will happen in the long run, how will today's society change in the following years? And the most important of all : will cannabis legalization have any repercussions on the population's overall connection with spirituality?

Let us know what you think! :)

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

@FredFred I just saw something about this at the end of the homesteading video posted here on climate change. Hemp itself is a great natural resource used to make many products.

It's great that it will be legal tomorrow! Criminalizing and waging war on drugs, or on anything, is never an answer. This is a big step for Canada towards SD stage Green. Acceptance of natural substances and giving people a choice is excellent. 

As for Cannabis itself, I think Cannabis can be used and misused at the same time. From what I see, the majority of pot smoker actually doing the latter. 

In my opinion, proper use is:

• Using it not very often - once a month maybe.
  • Doing it when you are mature enough
  • Using it by yourself - no parties or chilling with a friend.
  • No distractions - no TV, youtube videos, music, video games etc.
  • Contemplation - trying to get new insights from each trip.
  • In general, using it as psychedelic to get profound experiences.

In-proper use:

• Being psychologically dependent on it - doing it often.
  • Doing it to escape social pressure and anxiety - you need to deal with them.
  • Doing it to chill and relax - not the best way to do it.
  • Doing it to sedate yourself and escape reality - terrible idea.

I think many weed users can relate to what this guy is sharing:

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

@Arthur I would say consequences outweigh the smoking.

Someone could smoke occasdionally with a friend to chill, open up about themselves and form deeper human connection. Or, laugh their asses off and release stress.

The main downside I see of weed is it is habit forming. Once a person starts smoking weed it’s easy to want to do it all the time - movies, food shopping, hiking, yoga, concerts etc. Then, engagement with life can decrease. Wake-n-bake daily smokers seem more sedentary. Then, the costs skyrocket.

Yet, I also see a lot of benefits with weed for recreation and spirituality. Psychedelics have extremely low addiction potential, weed is much higher.

I am so excited with the legalization of weed, going to buy some Grand Daddy purple tonight legally and smoke it in front of my garage. ?