Socrates

Robert Greene: The laws of human nature

7 posts in this topic

I remember reading all of Robert's books one after another when I first got my feet wet in self help books, even before watching Leo. I really liked them especially the mastery one. That being said Leo said robert is orange and I didn't have any spirituality/psychedelics/nonduality experience at that point in my life.

Would this book be of any value to the new spiritual me or I will cringe with all the orange and materialistic ideas it 'll most likely have?

@Socrates

Hard to say. Mastery was excellent, I think everyone should read that. But some of the other ones like The 48 Laws of Power and The Art of Seduction are definitely a bit jaded and paranoid.

This book is nice if you want to get in to business where you will meet all kind of unconscious people who are driven solely by their animal instinct and desire to rise in the hierarchy of apes(corporate ladder). Robert greene is decent person who is no evil but worked with alot of highly unconscious people who will any conscious person feel nauseous and dizzy due to their highly negative vibes and constant menace. I advise it but be careful as it will change many of your perspectives and you may treat everyone the same because that's what the ego does. Read it to increase your sympathy and love and understanding not as tool to look at others as horrible animals.

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

@Your place at Heart Good points, I agree that his POV will definitely influence the way you interact and see the world, at least for a little while. 

I read his books years ago and I still have his ideas in the back of my mind. I feel that they fundamentally changed my world view when i read them, at an age where it was impactful (18). 

On 16/10/2018 at 7:01 AM, Sahil Pandit said:

@Socrates I mentioned Robert Greene to Leo and he said he didn't enjoy those books because they were too low consciousness. Personally, I think they give some pretty deep insight, especially if you do shadow work and understand Spiral Dynamics. 

Robert greene is far advanced intellectual than leo.leo do not have the qualification to judge robert greene and i myself is a leo fan boy .

If someone talk shit about robert greene , that person never know what it feels like to be in the bottom of the pyramid. If u wanna survive ,robert greenes books are must.

Laws of human nature is amazing. Lots of practical and even spiritual insights in that book.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"